Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Mel-o-rama

Sci-fi and Humor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
meloramawrites.blogspot.com
End of the World?

To go with the "spiritual" Rapture we've just experienced, I vote for a "spiritual" destruction on Oct. 21, 2011, so we can stare at each other in a room on the 22nd and discuss how we're not really here anymore.

knockthewblock

Registered
Reaction score
Crisps - I'd go for cheese and onion or salt and vinegar (I'm surprised to find this flavour has grown on me) *scrambles down to the kitchen and rummages around for a bag of crisps only to return disappointed*

Rapture - I'm not really keen on a rapture to begin with (aah I'm yes one of those weirdos who complains about life but doesn't want the rollercoaster ride to come to it's bumpy end, nor an abrupt eject...not yet anyways)

But some of the scenarios suggested here are quite imaginative and funny :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotD

Look, at long last!!!

*sound trumpets and fanfare*

:D

What do you do when you can't sleep?

I tend to just stare at the inside of my eyelids and pretend I had fallen asleep and just wasn't aware of it. :e2yawn:

Unless it's really bad, then I get up and read.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watch television

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Look, at long last!!!

*sound trumpets and fanfare*

:D

What do you do when you can't sleep?

I tend to just stare at the inside of my eyelids and pretend I had fallen asleep and just wasn't aware of it. :e2yawn:

Unless it's really bad, then I get up and read.

Usually I read, but if that doesn't help I end up surfing the internet.

Mel-o-rama

Sci-fi and Humor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
meloramawrites.blogspot.com
When I can't sleep (doesn't happen very often these days), I get up and hit Conceptis Puzzles. The only problem is getting stuck doing a 4-hour puzzle when you're finally ready to go to sleep!

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
I have to get my mind back into chaos. Usually I'm stuck in figuring out solutions to the world's problems. (Not that any would work, otherwise a sleepless night or two would be well spent :) )

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotD

Based on my own personal observations... and trials...

What creeping, flitting, skittering things can you handle just fine until they are inside your house?

Bats would be mine... every time they start circling my head, in my bedroom, as they flap past.

Lisa von Lempke

Languishing Emigrée
Registered
Reaction score
New York, Paris, Chantilly, Amsterdam, London
Website
lisaslovelifeinletters.blogspot.com
I must say, I have traveled wide, and mostly enjoyed it - but traveling 'under the ocean' doesn't appeal to me much. I'd have to dig myself a way through the earths rocky layers, and that seems like entirely too much work.

As for crisps/chips: anything, so long as it has loads of MSG (E 642) in it. I'd prefer eating my MSG sec, without the chips, but one does need a carrier.

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
"What do you do when you can't sleep?"

You may not believe this but I can honestly say that I count sheep. I picture big fluffy stuffed looking ones (like the Serta sheep) jumping over a barnyard fence. I count backwards from 100 (repeating when necessary) and do not allow myself to stop no matter how dull it is. It stops those pesky racing thoughts and, as a matter of fact, I think my brain chooses to shut down from pure boredom. Works every time...eventually.

AinSoph

lost in lit land
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniealicerogers.com
What creeping, flitting, skittering things can you handle just fine until they are inside your house?

Hello all. In my case it's snakes, which have taken up residence in my roof. I see at least a half-dozen 4- t 6-foot black rat snakes lounging on my porch or slithering through my garden each and every day, and on occasion a few have made it inside. This may sound strange but I can handle the adults (they're totally harmless and docile, and don't seem to mind me picking them up and putting them back out) but it's the babies I can't stand - they're too fast, and so tiny that they will creep into a basket of laundry or something and give me quite a shock.

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
Anything with more than four legs and there are some exeptions in the four-or-less category too, such as salesmen and religious recruitment representatives.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Spiders, for sure. Outside of my home, they are endlessly fascinating. But when there's one in the house, I start hearing Ennio Morricone spaghetti western music in my mind and I grab a can of raid in one hand and a shoe in the other.

"Reckon only one of us is leaving this here condo alive, pardner."

quicksand

Exactly the same size in real life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.daviddufty.com

I can handle most spiders and daddy long legs just fine, even in the house.
Mice, moths, and cockroaches are under sentence of death if they enter my abode.
A serpent god, giant ooze, walking plants, or alien species of intelligent lizard are right out, and would all cause major panic.

Lisa von Lempke

Languishing Emigrée
Registered
Reaction score
New York, Paris, Chantilly, Amsterdam, London
Website
lisaslovelifeinletters.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne K
Humans
Ditto..

It's not too bad if you let one of them into your house, but you know what they're like - they take possession of the place, and make a mess everywhere. And then suddenly, there's whole lots of them.

Funny thing, though - as much as I'm creeped out (and grossed out) by finding humans in the house, I don't really like to kill them. I tell myself I should, but I just can't do it! There's something in those stupid little eyes, the way they look at one...

doodle

Registered
Reaction score
The Current Super-Dooper Question of the Day is: What are your favourite flavour crisps?

(for the Americans in here: crisps = chips)

Doritos... or SunChips. Anything stupidly salty and cheesy :)