• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

[Betas found. Thanks!] Beta for mythological comic fantasy thing? (93,000 words, profanity, oddness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Edit: I have two volunteers. :D I'm good now, thanks!

So. I have this thing I've been working on for a while. I thought it was done and even started querying slightly, and now I'm having those doubts that are all like "you are still a nooby-boob and have no idea what good is and this is probably still crap."

I figure it might be good to...to have another person look at it...(oh gawd the horror)

What It Is: Fantasy, of the "quirky" or "comic" category. Perversion of Egyptian mythology. Features bad words and sexual innuendo (very little actual sex) and other blasphemous things. 93,000 words.

How Bad Is It:
I have no idea at this point. I don't know what's real. There is no spoon. (Mah spoon is too big.) But it's been through a lot of revisions, two hauntingly gorgeous beta readers, a total rewrite, the same betas who agreed that it was much less crappy than before and didn't make their eyes bleed, and some more revisions.

What I'm Looking For:
Opinions on the big stuff. Plot, characters, whether it is coherent, whether it works as a whole, if it goes pthbtpthtph at the end. If you have a burning desire to comment on sentence structure or diction, you are of course welcome to do so, but I figure if the big stuff is messed up...I'm probably going to do more rewriting and change the words anyway.

I'd prefer it if we've seen each other around the forums, so you already have an idea of my brain deficiencies. (Not that we need to have had extensive interaction or nothin'.) :D

What I Can Give You: Love. ...Um. There's a lot going on right now, and I am soon traveling to The Land of Patchy Internet Access and cannot guarantee any timely reciprocation. But my loyalty is strong like a small pony, and I'm willing to return the favor when I can. (Limitations related to my own nooby-boob abilities and arbitrary sensibilities may apply.)

Time Frame: About a month? :D Or whatever. As I said, I'm leaving for a bit so I'm not too concerned. Just let me know what you expect to do, so that I can tell if you've forgotten about it and moved on with your life (which is okay). And on that subject...

Commitment:
I don't consider this an Unbreakable Commitment for you. We can start with a chapter, and if you hate it, you don't need to continue. I also understand that Life Happens. In short, you can duck out at any time, for any reason. It's all good. I do prefer to be notified that you're ducking out, though, so I know I should start looking for someone else. :D

I think that's it. I hope that's it. Bleah. :p

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember that one! It made me laugh. Can I have the first chapter, and you can see if I'd be a suitable reader? I'll PM you my addy.

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember that one! It made me laugh. Can I have the first chapter, and you can see if I'd be a suitable reader? I'll PM you my addy.

Thank you! :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.