Hell May Have Just Frozen Over

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
That's okay--I agree with you. Hell may have just frozen over because I finally had to jump off the fence.

I voted Democrat on the local and state levels pretty much across the board.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Actually, I suppose I voted for two...though I didn't even realize the party affiliation of someone in our local elections until it stated so on the ballot.

In this latter case, the nastiness of the Republican's ads was what turned me off (plus, I felt the incumbent has done a fine job).

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I've voted Republican in the past, but this time I pushed the Democratic buttons across the board. The Republican party is rife with intolerance, incompetence and corruption. To hell with them.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I've voted for Republicans in the last two elections. I've voted for Arlen Specter every time. Of course, I'm not a Democrat either, so that makes me special. :tongue

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I've voted Republican in the past, but this time I pushed the Democratic buttons across the board. The Republican party is rife with intolerance, incompetence and corruption. To hell with them.

As are the Democrats. There's really no substantial difference between the two parties on the factors you listed.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I voted for the candidates I thought have done, or would do, the best job. Some dems, some reps.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Freezing up here too - I voted Republican at the state level, if nowhere else. And my grandfather, as die-hard a Republican as I've ever known, actually voted for a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time in his life. My dad almost fell out of his chair when he heard.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I actually voted for a Democrat with a Republican challenger...
And no, it wasn't for President, but still...

He'd better not prove me wrong...

I think it's a sign of maturity, and not just blind party loyalty. The right person for the right job. That's how I vote.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
As are the Democrats. There's really no substantial difference between the two parties on the factors you listed.

Over the long term, no, but this particular cycle it's hard not to see the considerable advantage Republicans have had in corruption over the past few years. In my state we've had three legislators imprisoned, two more (so far) indicted, several others still under investigation, a former Governor's Chief of Staff having plead guilty but not yet sentenced, and a U.S. Senator convicted of seven felonies in Federal Court, all for bribery/influence peddling/undisclosed illegal "gifts", all Republicans, and all stemming from the same source, a high-profile millionaire CEO known for years for his adamant advocacy of Republican political fortunes. He, by the way, has plead guilty straight up, and is awaiting sentence while he dimes out his political clients. Oh, yeah, and our single Congressman (also a Republican) is spending like a drunken sailor on undisclosed "legal expenses".

Then there's the Jack Abramoff business, and Duke Cunningham and Bob Ney and Tom Delay and . . .

About all the Republicans can come back with is William Jefferson (still not indicted for anything, but who ought to be pooted out on general principles).

Sorry, but at this moment there's a bad imbalance, and Republicans are catching it in the teeth, at least in part for that reason. You should be really upset with the leadership of that Party, and clean house.

caw

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Freezing up here too - I voted Republican at the state level, if nowhere else. And my grandfather, as die-hard a Republican as I've ever known, actually voted for a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time in his life. My dad almost fell out of his chair when he heard.

I know that feeling. My grandmother (whose great-grandfather, so family legend has it, was in on the founding of the Republican party) voted Democratic for the first time in her 90 years today. Actually, so did my parents (who still say Nixon was framed).

Interesting times we live in, eh?

Reaction score
I think it's a sign of maturity, and not just blind party loyalty. The right person for the right job. That's how I vote.

A lot more Republicans are maturing than democrats ever could dream too.

I'm very proud of us.

We've proven we're not immature, ideological hacks like most of the people on the current left.

Go Obama Republicans!

We rock.

And we'll also be Obama's worst nightmare if he fucks up.
:)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I actually voted for a Democrat with a Republican challenger...
And no, it wasn't for President, but still...

He'd better not prove me wrong...

I just did the opposite, voting for one local Repub.
He's been doing a great job though and has a long record of public service, unlike his wet-behind-the-ears democratic challenger.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but at this moment there's a bad imbalance, and Republicans are catching it in the teeth, at least in part for that reason. You should be really upset with the leadership of that Party, and clean house.

I voted against the incumbments, as I said I would, regardless of party lines. Forgive me if I don't drink the koolaid of either party. Politics is a nasty business, regardless of party affiliation. There's no such thing as a cesspool that smells marginally better than another.