William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
obama knows if he can't get it rammed through like the economic recovery package, before people can get sufficiently educated about it and debate it, it won't pass.

time is not on his side.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
But time is on the side of an intelligent, well thought out solution.

Hopefully.
That's exactly Haskins' point...

ETA - I still don't see why blatant problems need an overhaul of the whole system to fix. Sort out pre-existing condition laws, more deductions for medical costs and premiums, limited bankruptcy protection due to medical costs, sort out the previous government mess of HMOs, and maybe look into the actual high cost which makes medical care so inaccessible to many. That takes minimal costs, should have broad support, and can be a good step in the right direction.

Then take the next 6-12 months to craft a system that works for everyone and is affordable in even the biggest downturn economy.

Last edited:

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Great start Matt!
Then get the lawyers out of the system and lower malpractice insurance (sure we need some legal , but...)

Why ruin it for most of us to help a few. Yeah, I know that sounds bad, but the entire system is not broken.

We don't need a new car just because the muffler fell off and a tire went flat.

Oh, and would you want a government bureaucrat to fix your muffler and change your tire?
Think about which federal agencies might be involved and fighting for jurisdiction: EPA, EEOC, ATSDR, CPSC, CEQ, DOT, FCIC, NHSTA, RITA.
Yes these are actual government agencies- if you want to learn more, go to
http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/W.shtml

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
You're talking crazy now, man! Bringing logic and a stepped approach to such a blatant problem that will destroy our economy and kill every child in America if we don't get it rammed through this coming MONDAY is just nuts...

:D

ETA - I still don't see why blatant problems need an overhaul of the whole system to fix. Sort out pre-existing condition laws, more deductions for medical costs and premiums, limited bankruptcy protection due to medical costs, sort out the previous government mess of HMOs, and maybe look into the actual high cost which makes medical care so inaccessible to many. That takes minimal costs, should have broad support, and can be a good step in the right direction.

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
Well, personally, I'd rather them take more time to decide and come up with something good rather than something rushed.
Agreed. I hate all this reactionary government. No one every wants to think...they just do. My mom used to tell me that was bad.

Then take the next 6-12 months to craft a system that works for everyone and is affordable in even the biggest downturn economy.

Works for me. This is a great idea. No wonder the government didn't think of it.