Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We tried to get another picture of the dog in the hat for our Christmas card. We're evil, we're torturing her. She obviously hates it. So we're going to try again tomorrow.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How wonderful, your poor dog will have multiple days of torture!

We did the same thing to Kid Two when he was under three. The pictures of him crying in the Santa hat would be funny now, if it weren't for the snot.

Maryn, packing it in for the night

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sass...I love your pup santa hat pic! I have one of Fran on my other computer's desktop right now. She looks mortified in it, but I still love it.

I'm peeking in too. All packed and ready to go. Just waiting. Pray that the snowstorm coming my way on Wednesday doesn't delay my flight!

K

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Sass...I love your pup santa hat pic! I have one of Fran on my other computer's desktop right now. She looks mortified in it, but I still love it.

I'm peeking in too. All packed and ready to go. Just waiting. Pray that the snowstorm coming my way on Wednesday doesn't delay my flight!

K
shhh...no jinxies...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, starting lunch at 4:08
Heh, we just ate dinner at 8:30, but I blame kid 1, she had to stay late and take pictures of her middle school's basketball game for the yearbook.
We tried to get another picture of the dog in the hat for our Christmas card. We're evil, we're torturing her. She obviously hates it. So we're going to try again tomorrow.
She looks so cute!
How wonderful, your poor dog will have multiple days of torture!

We did the same thing to Kid Two when he was under three. The pictures of him crying in the Santa hat would be funny now, if it weren't for the snot.

Maryn, packing it in for the night
My favorite Christmas pic is of my son screaming his head off (he was one) when we put him on Santa's lap.
*sneaks through, books in hand*

just ignore me. i am so busted for being here but i'm not here.

not

here.

*slips into tub hoping not to get her papers wet*
Yea! I'm so glad you're here, er, not here. . .I'm just glad to see you around. . .even though I don't see you *wink wink*

K
Let me see what my magic 8 ball says. *asks if storm will delay kev's flight* Wha? It says, take Story with you. Weird. Well, if the magic ball declares it, so it shall be, right? RIGHT?
*tries to stuff self in duffle bag*
*realizes i don't bend that way*

Well, have a fun and safe trip anyway!

*heads off to get heat pack for pulled muscles*

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Who was that masked woman who brushed against me on her way out the door? And why didn't anybody tell me this was a costume party now?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What that tall good-lookin' stranger? And how much sugar has that kid in her avatar been fed?

Sassy, I like the ones where she's 'smiling,' 2508 - 2512, best. I also like 2498, the hat on all wrong.

Morning, Housekins!

Maryn, already showered but still wet-headed

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we'll use this one.
4167496601_5d03da32e3_m.jpg

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good choice!

Maryn, off to critique something she promised days ago

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I received an interesting phone call this morning. My ex-boss called me to ask if I would come work for her company in the accounting department. I would need part time, and it was full time, so I declined, and then she offered me a job after the new year, as her personal assistant and I can work part time from home. I said yes to that. I hope it works out and that she doesn't change her mind between now and then. Working from home would be ideal for me.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I think I will have to part with my favorite jeans soon. I discovered this afternoon that I can squeeze into a pair of size sixteens. I've bet myself six dollars, the price of the pants, that I can shrink into them. I've set myself the goal of losing five pounds in December.
It's bedtime so I must wish everyone a good night.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Good choice, Sass. Such a cute pic of your cute dog! :D

Good luck with the new job, SG! It sounds perfect! :D

5 lbs in December? With all the yummy Christmas food? You have stronger willpower than I do, Komnena! I just try not to gain more than 5lbs in December!

Working tonight. Huge blizzard expected over the next couple of days...we could get over 16" of blowing snow by Thursday night. Yikes! I'm glad I'm off until Friday night...hopefully it will be cleared up by then.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
That five pounds is a goal. I don't really expect to achieve it. I do expect it will cut down on the nibbling if I have that goal-and those sixteens I want to fit into- in mind at parties.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I think I will have to part with my favorite jeans soon. I discovered this afternoon that I can squeeze into a pair of size sixteens. I've bet myself six dollars, the price of the pants, that I can shrink into them. I've set myself the goal of losing five pounds in December.
It's bedtime so I must wish everyone a good night.
Good luck! My goal is ten for December.

Good luck with the new job, SG! It sounds perfect! :D
Thanks.

Working tonight. Huge blizzard expected over the next couple of days...we could get over 16" of blowing snow by Thursday night. Yikes! I'm glad I'm off until Friday night...hopefully it will be cleared up by then.
Yikes. Stay warm! And hopefully all the chaos will be done and over when you return to work.

That five pounds is a goal. I don't really expect to achieve it. I do expect it will cut down on the nibbling if I have that goal-and those sixteens I want to fit into- in mind at parties.
I really want to lose 10 lbs this month. I figure it's a bit of a battle, being December and all, but if I can do it this month, then I can prove to myself I have the willpower to do this for many months to come.
My 12 almost 13 yr old daughter is tiny, very petite. She got into my bag of "skinny" clothes and is wearing all my old stuff. I can't believe I was that small less than two years ago. It all looks so cute on her and it has shocked me to the reality that I let myself go from that to this, and need to frickin reel it in before I end up getting too big. I don't know if I want to get back down to wearing those same clothes, after all, if she fits in them fine, they are a little small for an adult because she is skinny even for her age and height (you can see her in my profile pic), but just about ten pounds or so heavier than when I used to wear those close would be ideal for me. I'll even take fifteen. Funny thing is, even when I was that tiny that I was wearing sizes 0-2, I still thought I could lose some weight. Gah, what was I thinking? How did I never see myself as skinny? Not this time, when I get to a decent weight, I'm gonna look at myself through new eyes.

Last edited:

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
You wore sizes 0-2? Shakes head. The smallest I've ever worn was size 12.
Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, kristie.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amen, Komnena. I can't imagine what it must be like to be that tiny. (Bet you can't push-start your own car! Hmm, seems like not a big enough pay-off.) When I'm my thinnest, I'm a 12--but I haven't been a 12 in quite a few years.

Still, I'm always impressed with people who manage to lose substantial weight. I've struggled for a long time, and not done as well as many of you here. Hats off to you losers.

Maryn, jealous

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Amen, Komnena. I can't imagine what it must be like to be that tiny. (Bet you can't push-start your own car! Hmm, seems like not a big enough pay-off.) When I'm my thinnest, I'm a 12--but I haven't been a 12 in quite a few years.
It's just different builds. My oldest sister just lost a ton of weight and is now in a 12. She looks MARVELOUS! Me, I look chunky and dumpy in the same size, like I said, just different builds.

Still, I'm always impressed with people who manage to lose substantial weight. I've struggled for a long time, and not done as well as many of you here. Hats off to you losers.

Maryn, jealous
I want to be a fat loser! (you know, I want to lose my fat)
So far, I've found more than I've lost. I'm just starting on my trek. We'll see. Don't be jealous of me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.