Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mario, you know perfectly well that women go for musicians. Get thee to a giggery!

*guilty* Chris Cornell, anyone? *swoon*

...Now Bangkok will be this evil place infested up to its metaphoric ears with Mites that will give me typhus everyday...

Just tell her it could have been worse. You've avoided being sold into the human traffic market so far over there. I'm pretty sure that's much worse then mites. :D (Forgive me, I have a very dark sense of humor filled with stereotypes...heh.)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm, I may get slapped by Maryn AND Pandora for this, but I just pictured Maryn (honest, I have no idea what she looks like) wearing nothing but her new jacket. :rolleyes

Russ, who loves leather.

Oh, forgive me.
Silly Russ. You forgot the high black boots!

Have I never posted a picture here? I'm just an ordinary housewife-type. Alas, I do not take a good picture, so I don't think I have a single one on a hosting site.

Just imagine a more genteel Mr. T. With pearls.

Maryn, grinning

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
You forgot the high black boots!

Just imagine a more genteel Mr. T.
More genteel than Mr. T.?? How is that possible?

Oh, crap! Now I've pictured him in nothing more than thigh-high studded boots! This may ruin the rest of my night.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I immediately pictured Stanley Tucci in 'Shall We Dance.' :D
Dear God, no. We were talking in the other thread about how me and leather pants must never mix, because they would suffocate my huge muffin and me in the process.
Actually, tonight I put a good track down in GarageBand, and treated myself to another glass of wine and Jackie Brown on Netflix. Gonna be a fun weekend!

ETA Beatrix evoked fond memories of me seeing Soundgarden in college.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, people. And Russ. (Snicker.)

We are expecting a taste of winter tonight, in the form of snow, so I've laid in supplies and toted in firewood. It's so weird, how warm it is. I haven't had my big coat out once, and the medium coat is often too much. Our daffodils have come up, frozen, died back, come up, frozen, died back so many times I wonder if they'll have anything left for spring.

Hmm, all the jazz... I may have to put Jean-Luc Ponty on as I write. Haven't heard him in a long time.

Maryn, who saw him live a few years ago

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Sassy, is that pic of my and Kristie online, so we can share the link with Mr. Russ here?

My image hosting place has no pictures of me I'd want to share, although the one with the baby carrots in my nose is probably somebody's fetish. (Yes, alcohol was involved. You had to ask?)

Maryn, often silly

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm a wild person, all right.

Hmm, I need to start thinking about dinner. Missed the window of opportunity to bake those potatoes I bought for tonight, and I'm not sure what other carbs are around. Seared scallops, field greens, and, ah, Rice Chex?

Hell, it won't matter. There'll be wine, and that means Mr. Maryn will eat whatever I serve.

Maryn, not consistently a good cook

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here is Maryn in the black outfit and Kristie911 with the scrubs. when was this, 06? has it been that long?

502219616_251f635044.jpg

hosted on flickr.com

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Here is Maryn in the black outfit
Not far from what I've imagined she might look like.

Hm, I'm going to have to make more jokes about having fantasies if it's going to cause posting of real pictures of more of the pretty ladies on the board.

Thanks, Sassy.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Sassypants. I like to think I have somewhat less double chin, but then again, I also like to think I haven't changed much since I was 35. (As if!)

Next weekend I'll be traveling, meeting up with the brother-in-law I like and his wife I sometimes like and sometimes can't abide. At least meeting in a city neither of us lives in gives us a hotel room to retreat to.

But now, of course, all my clothes are stupid and I can't decide what coat to take. Isn't it silly, how I care so much about being judged by strangers I'll see once more than the people where I live, who I'll see over and over?

Maryn, who should wear makeup and lose the yoga pants

mario_c

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
*looks out the window* You call that snow?! "The Jesus laughs at your light flurries - HA! HA!"
Everyone's talking about a storm tonight - naturally, when I'm planning to go out and have a life, not when I'm stuck and most of humanity is stuck in the office, no, no! - and now there's nothing. It's cloudy, so maybe I should bring the small umbrella.
(That's me accepting things that can't change, stuff like that.)

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
*looks out the window* You call that snow?!
I hear ya! Same thing here. We got maybe an inch here last night. It's wet and piles up quick and sticks to everything, but it melts off quick, too. That's what it's been doing all winter. It dumps a bunch, warms up and then is completely gone in a day or two. Much different than last year. And I haven't been here long enough to be burnt out on snow, so I'm a bit disappointed--as if Mother Nature cares what I want. Oh, well.

I think I'll go out now and take a walk in it and enjoy it while I can.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're walking in it voluntarily, it must not be 18 and windy. Or you're a masochist.

Weird winter, that's for sure.

Maryn, a woman who knows her weird

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
That's precisely what it is right now. Are you psychotic...er, psychic? Yeah, maybe I'm a bit masochistic, but I'm a tough old bird and I'll only be walking a few miles so mostly it'll just get my blood going.

Now, as Jackie Gleason used to say, "And AWAY we go!"

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only you, I, and the absent NeuroFizz heard that phrase upon original broadcast.

Why can't I get into writing today? Mr. Maryn is leaving me be, and there's nothing demanding my attention, but I'm just futzing around. Lame.

Maryn, who dares call herself a writer

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice pics of our ladies. I had the feeling Maryn had long hair for some reason. Or "had" long hair, if you don't anymore. That reminds me, I need to cut mine. It's gotten too long and driving me nuts. Too many snarls to comb out in the morning.

ETA Beatrix evoked fond memories of me seeing Soundgarden in college.

Oh yeah, Soundgarden. I wish I had a nickle for every time I listened to 'Spoonman' or for that matter 'Black Hole Sun'.

You guys do know they're back together right? And even touring again? They hit Chicago for Lallapalooza this past summer...and I MISSED them! Ugh. I could have kicked myself. I was never much of a "grunge" music fan but I do like Chris Cornell's voice.

Just glad to hear you're better Miss P.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Thanks BK. I am. Much better. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to start back to work again. I thought that would be today but no one would let me work so I just came back to my room to rest a bit more.
I was/am a big 'grunge' music fan. I was angsty at the height of its phase and 'grunge' is pretty riddled with angst.

Hope everyone has fun in the snow/cold weather. High today? 91.

mario_c

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
You have very understanding bosses, Pandora. You're lucky like that. I'll take the 91 degree high weather - without the, you know, flooding and airborne diseases and human trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.