Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it does help, in that a) it's the most rigorous program you can take (or tied with the others in that ranking), b) some universities offer scholarships for the IB, and c) some classes count as university credits (some schools bump you straight to second year)

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
IB seems hard to me, but more rewarding than the standard syllabus stuff I completed -- I like the categories, they seem like you'd learn a lot. It sucks that you're having a hard time with it, though, Tally. Sounds like your school isn't administering the program very well.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
They're just very bad at balancing the different elements in terms of time- most of the teachers at my school don't seem to realize that we're taking more than just their class, and so their workload every single night is just exhausting. The school hardly differentiates between formal IB papers and school papers- as in, they treat every paper you do as though it's equally important, which means you can never prioritize one assignment over the other. It's just a constant onslaught of work.

So yeah, it is mainly my school's administration. If I only had to do IB work, I'd be pretty happy.

Oh, God, I'm going to choose a self-publishing package and time frame this weekend. It's all going to happen. Eeek.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
HELLO MY DARLINGS, I HAVE RETURNED TO YOU FROM MANY AGES OF FIRE AND ICE. So y'know, get out the fatted calf and all that sort of thing. How is everyone?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
MARGO. *tacklehugs*

*flings self with wild abandon*

I just got done riding, actually! Since last we spoke Project Horse has learned to jump and gotten some exquisite ground manners. He still nibbles me as a sign of affection but oh well.

How's life? How's Heartbreaker?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Yay riding! Jumping is fun and exquisite ground manners are fantastic.

Life is busy, but in a good way. Heartbreaker's first draft is complete. I've been halfway working on CK (Weredragon) for a while now in the hope of actually finishing revisions in the near future.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Oh nice! Glad you're still working on Weredragon, I love that one :)

I've written a couple books between last time I was around and now, but right now I'm working on something completely different. Its working title is The Missing Places, but mostly I'm just calling it Weird Story. It's a historical science-fiction fantasy possible New Adult and someday I will write something marketable, but today is not that day.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
HOLA.

I am not enjoying myself. Had sooooooo much work today; coffee went cold on my desk and I forgot to eat until 3. Stayed another hour and I'm only now getting a chance to breathe.

Well, I guess I'm enjoying myself *now* though. Once I remember to breathe. It's over! It's over! The day is over! I can write...

wittyblather

Registered
Reaction score
Yo, I'm twenty, but I don't feel like an adult yet, so I'm going to post in here. :)

The name's Haley, and I'm writing YA scifi for NaNo. Nice to meet you all!

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Haley :hi: Another twenty year old here. I don't think I'm EVER going to feel like an adult :D Welcome to the thread!