Status
Not open for further replies.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Blahhh. Took the kid to McD's and let her play on the indoor playground thing while I made another attempt at starting a synopsis for my WIP. Aproximate words written: 15. Exact count of words NOT deleted: 0.

Then drove home with the spawn throwing a fit (along with her water cup), put her down for nap, and fell down the effing stairs! Like, from the top. Slid down on my right hip, then had to trek back UP to reassure spawn that I was okay (which I am, but I am going to have some pretty impressive bruises, I can tell already).

Still have to go grocery shopping. And the husband will probably have to work late tonight. And it is my night to bathe the kid and put her to bed. And the kitchen is a mess. And the floors all need sweeping/vacuuming. So I will be pretty much "on duty" until after 8pm tonight. >.<;;

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, justbishop! That sucks. Especially the falling down the stairs part.

No word on my car yet, but I wrote 3,000 words today and loved most of them, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Then drove home with the spawn throwing a fit (along with her water cup), put her down for nap, and fell down the effing stairs! Like, from the top. Slid down on my right hip, then had to trek back UP to reassure spawn that I was okay (which I am, but I am going to have some pretty impressive bruises, I can tell already).

Ouch! Careful there. Guess you're having one of those days. I hate when that happens. Hope tomorrow turns it all around for you.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Loved the wine on the deck picture, JB. That's my kind of night. Hope y'all are writing furiously and achieving word count goals.

Speaking of word count goals... I'm a little obsessed with them. I might or might not check every five minutes. :Shrug: I'm trying to come up with a reasonable word count goal for my WIP. Is there general agreement that 100,000 is the "magic" number for not exceeding when querying?

BTW, I'm not even close to 100,000... Just trying to get a general idea.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Hi Everyone! Loved the wine on the deck picture, JB. That's my kind of night. Hope y'all are writing furiously and achieving word count goals.

Speaking of word count goals... I'm a little obsessed with them. I might or might not check every five minutes. :Shrug: I'm trying to come up with a reasonable word count goal for my WIP. Is there general agreement that 100,000 is the "magic" number for not exceeding when querying?

BTW, I'm not even close to 100,000... Just trying to get a general idea.

For a debut Ya, I'd stick closer to the 80K mark. Unless you're writing pure fantasy. Then 100 is probably good. My book is currently at 67K, but we'll see where the word count stands after edits. The most important thing is that your writing is tight. :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Yay for great word counts!
Yay for getting copy edits! (Boo for the stress of getting said copy edits!)
Yay for being back!
Boo for being sick :(
Quadruple boo for having to write a synopsis, and for tantruming child, and falling down the stairs, and for too much house work to do and for hubs not coming home until after 8pm!!!!!!!!!!! :(

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Thanks guys! The husband came home and fawned over me, then took over kid duty, so I've been vegging in bed since then. Wow am I gonna be stiff as a board tomorrow!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Just eating a sandwich and watching a really cool miniseries about the early NASA missions on Netflix. The kid is in bed and the husband is hanging out in bed with me watching episode 7 of Downton Abbey :D

Really wish I'd bought something chocolate at the grocery store today, though :(

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
:cool:That sounds like a wicked miniseries. I love geeky stuff like that :D

Sorry about the chocolate. *hands you the only chocolatey thing in her house....chocolate syrup :ROFL:*

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Gah! I was JUST going to ask that, Smiley! I missed it. It looks cute but a little to "clean" for my taste. I prefer Supernatural, TB, Walking Dead, Dexter...you know, stuff like that :D

I read and commented on your blog :)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
The mc of Bunheads talks like Lorelei Gilmore if that helps any... It's cute (a little awkward weird). I'm probably going to review it tomorrow :)

Also, Mel, re: What's L3ft 0f Me cover/coloring- The real issue I had was with the spine. You literally cannot read the title if you see it on the spine :Shrug: It makes me really sad because I enjoyed the book but it might be hard to want to pick up just by spine if you can't read the title.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
:cool:That sounds like a wicked miniseries. I love geeky stuff like that :D

Sorry about the chocolate. *hands you the only chocolatey thing in her house....chocolate syrup :ROFL:*

I think it was called When We Left Earth. Highly recommend :)

And thanks for the thought, lol. That was the only thing we have in our house as well. The husband brought me the bag of marshmallows, and said he thought about drizzling them with chocolate syrup, but knew I'd probably find it icky xD

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! :)

And oooh marshmellows. I roasted those last night over a fire :D

Hmm trying to think of how to review premiere of Bunheads :ROFL: It is Gilmore Girls with ballet.....minus the young mom/daughter...

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I watched it Smiley!

I love that it's a lot like GG but still its own show, except with the same music, ha! I enjoyed the first episode, we'll see how the others go.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley, ah okay. That's makes sense and is really bad for marketing/Sales for sure!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
The husband brought me the bag of marshmallows, and said he thought about drizzling them with chocolate syrup, but knew I'd probably find it icky xD

That sounds a little kinky. You might want to reconsider after the day you had with the spawn.

Your child must be toddler aged. All my kids went insane from 15 months until about age 4. My condolences. Some days are really hard! Good thing they are so cute.

Smiley, where have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.