Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Man I canNOT wait for my chinese buffet tonight *drools with anticipation*
I received another book today from Amazon. Matched by Ally Condie... at least I think that's the authors name.
I was recommended it from a friend on twitter, and from what I've read of the first few pages, it seems good. Only time will tell though :)
How is everyone today? Got any plans for new years? x

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
MATCH3D has its good points. It depends what you're really looking for. I wanted an epic HUNG3R GAMES style war against a dystopian regime, so the glacially slow-paced romance of MATCH3D was a disappointment to me. But it's pretty readable and interesting taken on its own merits.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I really wish i had time to read. Saw the Hunger Game movie preview, looks pretty good.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah surprisingly, the trailer I saw for HG was good too, and very true to the book. However, I am very disappointed with the casting. Jennifer Lawrence = good choice. The boys = nuh-uh! I do like Liam Hemsworth, but he and Josh Hutcherson do NOT suit the characters looks or acting style. I don't know.. maybe that's just my take, but i have friends that feel the same way, so perhaps I'm not alone. :/

I guess you can't please EVERYONE. lol

ETA: How do people feel about writing the last scene at a different stage of the story? Okay that's confusing. i mean, I've written 12 chapters so far, and kind of know where I'm wanting to go with it. I had an idea for the last chapter/last 2 chapters, and wanted to write them, is that weird? Or is it a case of 'everyones different'?

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
When one of those boys in the trailers was younger. Dont know there names but the one that was in Center of the Earth. Anyway when he was younger he would have made a great Max. But as he got older... never would have worked out, he's too short.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I used to like Josh Hutcherson (he was in vampires assistant, Zathura, and the film Ally mentioned) but now he's gone all square- faced as he's got older and well... uggy. lol

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Bridge to Terabithia. I had to read that in the fifth grade. It was rather traumatizing. :tongue

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
POLAR EXPRESS IS THE BEST THING.

LIKE I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR IT.

IT'S CHRISTMAS ROLLED INTO A DVD.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

I have an SNI, but I don't know if it would work as a screenplay or just as a novel.

It's a bisexual love triangle (boy tries to get the girl, but ends up with another boy) told from the three POVs....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if it was a film, would it be as easy as a viewer to bounce from one POV to another all the time, scene after scene?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That idea has been bugging me since I went to bed. I couldn't get to sleep for two hours because of it.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa.

This is a random love triangle SNI. Just because it's bisexual doesn't suddenly make it totally different. Love triangles can work really well in books and really well in movies. Sometimes both. You have to think about the story, what makes it special, and how you want it to be told.

Also, finish Sticks and Stones first.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tally: Usually, I only ever come up with a concept first. Don't ask me why, I just do.

I am planning on finishing Sticks and Stones. I love it too much to abandon it. I think it helps that it's slightly different to anything I've written before.

ETA: Pretty avvie.

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Tally: Usually, I only ever come up with a concept first. Don't ask me why, I just do.

I am planning on finishing Sticks and Stones. I love it too much to abandon it. I think it helps that it's slightly different to anything I've written before.

ETA: Pretty avvie.

That's totally fine, but you can't ask us for advice on a concept.

And thanks!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'll remember that. That is where the synopsis technique in "Nail Your Novel" would come in useful. :)

Who is the girl?

I'm going to try and do some more plotting.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm plotting Stephan's chapter after the awkward kiss. This and the next few chapters are going to be so fun to plot and write. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.