Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
THIS.png
<~~ We are clearly soulmates.

Ally: I gave up. Writing something else now.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
THERE IS SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM!!! YAY!!!

Yeah cant get into musicals.

Anyway, hello Para, how are you? What's new in the writing department?

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
He's a stripper? Wow, my ovaries just exploded with colorful floaty paper.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, hello Para, how are you? What's new in the writing department?

I'm peachy thanks. Slowly approaching the climax of my urban fantasy. I'd wanted to finish my revisions this month for Nanowrimo, but then I ended up with a ton of job interviews and some freelance work and the time got away from me. Ah well. I'm not in a hurry. :tongue How are you?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. :)

*Hey, question, I re-wrote my query after I got some feedback. It explains a lot more, but it's freaking long.

I can't cut too much without cutting out some important things... so now what. Do I post is as is over my other query - in QLH - or do I try an hack and chop and then post it.

*scratches chin*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm peachy thanks. Slowly approaching the climax of my urban fantasy. I'd wanted to finish my revisions this month for Nanowrimo, but then I ended up with a ton of job interviews and some freelance work and the time got away from me. Ah well. I'm not in a hurry. :tongue How are you?

OH that sounds fun and awesome. I always love the middle/climax of a project. Usually the most interesting and fun to write. Sorry for the ton of work, but i bet you will get back on track with your revisions in no time.

Now are you revising the book that your approching the climax in? Or is that a seperate book?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to hurry up, get through all the awkward crap, and write the awkward kiss scene.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You could write the kiss scene first, and then got back and write all the other 'awkward crap'. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My last awkward kiss seen was horribly awkward but one of the most fun awesome senes i've ever written... probably only because i waited 9 years to finally write it!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This is where Scrivener comes in useful. I'm going to get my 'special' index cards (white, unfortunately, so I need to find a way of marking whose POV they are) later when I check if I've got something for an essay plan so I'll write some scenes later, I think. I've got a few rough ideas.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I use word... if i want to write a future scene (which happens alot) i'll just start a new document, title it "Future part of _____" or maybe a short description of the scene then write it and when i need it later just paste and copy, to the original document.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is with "regular" index cards, I can't think of a way of keeping them together for travelling and stuff, in order.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
They have index card rings. all you need is a hole puncher and one of the rings. They also have books to put index cards in.

I used to do all that stuff then i realized i had a problem with remembering them when i went places. So i'm going through a computer only push, so i put all my ideas, exerpt, outlines and ect... all on my computer in neatly marked out folders.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I just always hole-punched mine and put a binder-ring through them. Then I had whatever I needed.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I could always buy binder rings from Amazon and cheap index cards from a shop I go to, but how easy is it to put new cards on them. AND I would waste the special cards I have (unless I keep them for another project/uni).

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure how easy it is. I haven't been in school for over 5 years.

You forget these things after a while :/

:Hug2:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I contacted the website to see about cancelling my order.

I shall get rid of the other cards, so I shall have to think of a way to keep track of ideas for future scenes/scenes I want to write. Ideas?

Dinner now.

ETA: The cards have already shipped. I'm going to use them and maybe buy some more stickers or something to differentate them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.