• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Ether, ok, questions starting. :D Do you know if your book is going to be distributed at Amazon and B&N (online)? I saw that some of their books aren't at this time. Also, any book store presence (whether B&N or indies) or strictly POD? Thanks!

From what I see on the author loop with releases coming out sooner than mine, they're definitely getting things up on B&N and Amazon. Right now they're working through having pre-order buttons up and I know there was an issue between B&N and Amazon and Ingram or something and...I didn't pay attention. All I cared was that there was a problem and it had been fixed, LOL. ;)

So, yes, as far as I know they'll be up on Amazon and B&N online. I'm sure as they get farther into things it'll open up more doors for them to get their books into stores. They're definitely reaching out - both with catalogues and actual pitches - to book chains. Target/Costco/Walmart/B&N/indie shops, etc. The publicists are also reaching out to bookstores and conferences for book signings and whatnot. Will it work out and will all titles be on shelves? Who knows.

Back on the thread a little was more info about POD and print runs. Basically, they're doing print runs when necessary for the titles that get enough buzz that they think will need a print run. They're still small, they're still new, so doing print runs on ALL titles is too risky for them.

I'm also PM'ing you a little more info that I can't post on here yet. ;)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! That's awesome information. The more I look at them, the more I really like everything they're doing so far. I hope they become even bigger and I wish your book great success!

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
I just checked out the site and there's new stuff they're particularly looking for this month as of Aug. 1st!

JulianaHaygert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julianahaygert.com
Not only the best cover art ... I would say they have the best contract terms too ...
However ... I don't know about their pricing.
Their novels are priced around $6.99 - $7.99 ...that's for today's market is a bit high.
Readers are complaining about paying that for big six books, and, like Shall put it, they are a newbie ... till now a very smart newbie, but still, trying to break in the market ...
I wish there was a way to know how their sales are going ...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think that pricing in that band is a valid strategy. Several epublishers moved into that band over time as data showed it maximised their earnings, although presumable not maximising sales volume (I, personally, agree with following the money). (One example would be Loose Id.)

SafetyDance

L'Oreal. He's worth it.
Registered
Reaction score
As an alternate point of view, this pricing strategy has caused me to stop buying books published by Loose Id.

I've bought "novels" from Loose at this kind of price point to find they are really novellas, which does grate a bit. Entangled's novels are actually novels, though.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
As an alternate point of view, this pricing strategy has caused me to stop buying books published by Loose Id.

I don't see that as alternative view really. Raising prices definitely reduces volume of sales. It has the goal, probably achieved (?) in the case of LI, of maximizing profit. Price points are generally aiming at optimizing dollars earned rather than copies sold.

kenpochick

I should be writing, not on AW.:-)
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I would post this from Publishers Marketplace:

August 9, 2011
s.gif

s.gif

Fiction:
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Katee Robert's QUEEN OF SWORDS, in which the daughter of a gunrunner is summoned to marry a prince on another planet, but the "mercenary" who retrieves her is none other than the man she had a drunken one-night-stand with the week prior -- and he has no intention of letting her marry his sadistic brother, to Heather Howland at Entangled, in a three-book deal, for publication in Spring 2012 (World).
s.gif
s.gif
August 9, 2011
s.gif

s.gif

Fiction:
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Melanie Card's final two books in the CHRONICLES OF A RELUCTANT NECROMANCER series, which follow the adventures of a bumbling necromancer and his is-she-dead-or-is-she-not assassin love interest, to Heather Howland at Entangled, in a two-book deal, for publication in 2012 (World).
s.gif
s.gif
July 20, 2011
s.gif

s.gif

Fiction:
Paranormal
Jennifer Armentrout's UNCHAINED, in which a demon-hunting nephilim must join forces with her annoyingly sexy fallen angel stalker after she's accused of being a traitor and kicked out of Sanctuary, to Liz Pelletier at Entangled, in a three book deal, for publication in March 2012 (World).

JulianaHaygert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julianahaygert.com
Entangled does sound amazing.

I said the price was a little high, that if you compare with small presses like Carina and Samhain ... but, from what I'm seeing, $6.99 and/or $7.99 is going to be the standard price for publishers' e-books, at least for a while.

Oh, I would love to get a book deal with them =D

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Entangled does sound amazing.

I said the price was a little high, that if you compare with small presses like Carina and Samhain ... but, from what I'm seeing, $6.99 and/or $7.99 is going to be the standard price for publishers' e-books, at least for a while.

Oh, I would love to get a book deal with them =D

I think the 6.99/7.99 price range is perfect for e-books. Any time I'm trying to decide one to buy from my NOOK, I'm drawn to ones in that range. Not too expensive, but not so cheap that it makes me wonder about the quality. (Not that cheaper e-books aren't good in terms of writing, but I've noticed a lack of formatting and editing quality with them.)

Last edited:

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Crud, they're no longer looking for Historical Fantasy. If my agent hunt came up bust I was considering subbing to them. But who knows maybe they'll be looking for it in the future.

Hey, Christine. It was just announced on Twitter that they're taking unagented historical submissions again. :)

LateNightLady

Yield to the beauty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
latenightlady.deviantart.com
I checked a few of their books through amazon and the covers looked good and the reviews were all 4 and 5 stars. Made me feel pretty good.
I submitted to them and am sitting on week 5.

For a small publisher, they give off a good vibe.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
I checked a few of their books through amazon and the covers looked good and the reviews were all 4 and 5 stars. Made me feel pretty good.
I submitted to them and am sitting on week 5.

For a small publisher, they give off a good vibe.

When you say you submitted to them, does that mean you're waiting to hear on a query or on a full?

Just curious, because I queried them last week and wanted to get an idea of their response times.

LateNightLady

Yield to the beauty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
latenightlady.deviantart.com
Queried them 5 weeks ago and got a form "we've got it, now wait" message. The website says 4 weeks but the email asked for 4-6. Probably next weekend I will check in.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Queried them 5 weeks ago and got a form "we've got it, now wait" message. The website says 4 weeks but the email asked for 4-6. Probably next weekend I will check in.

What genre did you query? Mine was romantic comedy. They said they were looking for Jennifer Crusie-like romantic comedies and ironically, she is one of my favorite authors.

LadyLex

Registered
Reaction score
From everything I'm reading, Entangled sounds like a great publisher. I'm definitely querying them for my romance next month.