Writerly despair and other navel-gazing nonsense: with some swears, so be warned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I know it's gonna happen again, it's the way I'm wired. I just wish I could see it coming, or prepare for it, or arm myself against it in some ways.

Perhaps writing is what keeps me just this side of sane, and because I love it most, it's where I feel the pain most. When I'm depressed I can't do the thing I most want to do and...if you'll forgive me for sounding incredibly wanky, it feels like my soul's been ripped out.

Not incredibly wanky at all. I know exactly where you're coming from. And I know it's the only thing keeping me sane. The tabs the doc had me on made me sooo depressed because I couldn't write. That was the worst part of it - I could have (just about) coped with the rest. But not that. It almost sent me over the edge. The latest tablets are doing much the same, and it's driving me batty.

You're not alone sweetcheeks.

Now lick here and feel better
colinforsp.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay stop being nice to me, Idiots. I feel uneasy.

Wait.

*licks Colin*

Okay, you can stop being nice now. :D

Salis

You Lie!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay stop being nice to me, Idiots. I feel uneasy.

Wait.

*licks Colin*

Okay, you can stop being nice now. :D

Loser, real writers never doubt themselves.

Actually, when you started this thread I was thinking, "Huh, I don't think I have that problem anymore, I haven't felt shitty about what I'm writing so far", but lo and behold, the other day I went through the, "Well, this is slightly better than pond scum, but not really good" phase myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.