Hope for Haiti (program)

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this?
It's on right now.
Basically a bunch of actors have been put together to help raise money for Haiti.
It's a live event.
I know it's on TNT at least, not sure about anywhere else.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
It's on every station that might normally be counted upon to provide at least a modicum of mindless entertainment.

In other words, my show was pre-empted, damnit.

I'm all about charity and I already have given, but darnit...at least be entertaining/I] if you're going to pre-empt all of network TV and the cable channels too.

*sits back to wait for Madonna*

If nothing else, the fake British accent will be worth TIVOing so I can play it back to annoy my family.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It seems to be on almost every station.

My husband just flipped around and found a basketball game. Guess I won't be watching anything tonight.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
watching. spending.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Lest my evilness goes before me: Already spent. Twice. Pastor's heading there in 10 days with supplies and a team. :)

may safetravels go with him and his team.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I've actually been trying to dial in but all I'm getting is a busy signal. I suppose that should be a good sign.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Someone was talking to Steven Spielberg, and as she was hanging up, I swear I heard her say, "Oh my GOD!"

I'd probably babble like an idiot and forget why I called if the guy on the other end said, "This is Steven Spielberg."

Or else I'd be all smart-ass "Yeah, sure you are."

:D

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
A great rallying of talent and for a desperately needed cause.

I salute all the TV stations that carry it.
I salute all who donate to the cause.

Help Haiti. Help fellow human souls in this terrible crisis.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes, our teens do something...and you can't help but inwardly applaud yourself, knowing you did something right.

My daughter's school took up a collection for Haiti. Their hope was to have each student bring in at least one dollar.

She gathered all her money--this is the daughter that's the fashionista girly-girl shopaholic--and took it to school. $65.00 that she'd been saving for some crazy boots.
Her words: I have a tub full of shoes. Those people are lucky to have a glass of water.

Later, when my other teen arose to begin her home schooling session, she brought me 30.00.
What's this for?
She blushed--she's very, very, very shy--and said she'd counted her money and found she was able to call and text 3 times, each text equating a 10.00 donation, to equal what she had on hand.

I've spoiled them because of the shit parents I had, I wanted them to have that mom that they'd grow up and have memories that made them laugh and laugh, not cringe.

But, it was at this moment that I was humbled by their selfless actions. It was nice to know that, regardless the material things they own, they didn't come to us for the money, but took what was their own earned cash, and simply handed it away.

It made them see their friends in a new light as well--some of the girls talking about how they weren't parting with their Starbucks money.

I had to do that quick therapy thing: They're just simply not where you are, but as they grow up, perhaps they'll get there.

What I really wanted to say was much uglier, but had to remember I would be talking about 13 & 15 year olds.

Both daughters said that if they were older, they'd whip out their passports and go there to help.

It's just profound to see how such a horror has pulled the world together, no matter the age.