• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Curtis Brown, Ltd. (USA)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
subbed revised version to Sarah today.
Anyone else subbing to or waiting to hear back from her?
Nail-biting is a lot more fun to do in company. :D

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
subbed revised version to Sarah today.
Anyone else subbing to or waiting to hear back from her?
Nail-biting is a lot more fun to do in company. :D

Ooh, good luck! Fingers crossed for you. What I read of your novel was sooo good.

I'm just about done with my revision. Just some final tweaks. I should be sending it to her soon. So you won't be alone with the nail-biting. ;)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, good luck! Fingers crossed for you. What I read of your novel was sooo good.

I'm just about done with my revision. Just some final tweaks. I should be sending it to her soon. So you won't be alone with the nail-biting. ;)

crossing my fingers for you as well although i'm pretty sure you won't need it! lemme know if you need me to beta anything. :)

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Okay, I'm planning on nudging Ginger Clark tomorrow if I haven't heard from her before then. I'm terrified my email got blocked and my exclusive has had a room of its own in her junk mail folder. Anyone know if she has an autoresponder? 9 1/2 weeks...

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Okay, I'm planning on nudging Ginger Clark tomorrow if I haven't heard from her before then. I'm terrified my email got blocked and my exclusive has had a room of its own in her junk mail folder. Anyone know if she has an autoresponder? 9 1/2 weeks...

She's just back from Frankfurt and tomorrow will be her first day back in the office. According to her Twitter feed, which you should totally follow, she's catching up on submissions today.

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Yeah, I saw that. I figured at first I'd nudge tomorrow, but now I'm thinking why not wait for the full 10 weeks? But then if by "submissions" she means partials, I'd be in that lot...

I should have white hair by my next birthday at the rate I'm going.

Lamadon

Registered
Reaction score
I also have a partial with her. I nudged; she says five weeks and it's been seven. Eep! I probably should have waited. Good on you, Ronempress, for your patience and waiting.

Last edited:

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Ginger's Waiting List

Thanks, Lamadon! At least that makes me believe/hope she actually received my submission. LOL

Do me a favor and let me know when she responds? I'll do the same.

Lamadon

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I'm still getting used to these forums -- anyway, I will let you know when she responds but I don't let anyone know whether they are rejects or full requests. I do that as a habit. I will let you know, though, when I get a response.

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
FYI - she gave me an apologetic (for the long wait) rejection this evening. I'm bummed it took that long, but I was always surprised and pleased she liked it enough to request it, so that part was nice.

Lamadon

Registered
Reaction score
Well you've obviously got a good concept/query letter so don't let it get you down.

hey, at least she responded. I'm still waiting, lol.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I am literally stunned that he is leaving.

I have only been actively looking into publication for the last couple of years, but he has been a visible, responsive and respectable face of the agenting community during that time. I wish him the best in what sounds like an exciting and innovative new career path.

Now where will I get my weekly fix of orange?

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Nathan Bransford No Longer An Agent (merged into Curtis Brown thread in BR&BC)

Just got the following email in response to a query:

Thank you for your note. I am no longer an agent with Curtis Brown Ltd. and will now be working in the tech industry. If you'd like to submit to another agent at Curtis Brown Ltd., please visit our website for a list of agents and our submission guidelines

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got the following email in response to a query:

Thank you for your note. I am no longer an agent with Curtis Brown Ltd. and will now be working in the tech industry. If you'd like to submit to another agent at Curtis Brown Ltd., please visit our website for a list of agents and our submission guidelines

Yup, it's been all over his blog and twitter all day.

~suki

gawain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jgadberry.blogspot.com
I got the same. Had a hard time getting to his blog, the server seems to be overwhelmed. Kind of shocked, considering he seemed to love what he was doing so much.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Nathan Bransford is leaving agenting: http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2010/11/transition.html

Aw, pooh. He rejected my ms, but he was a great source of information and a friend to authors (not that he won't be anymore, just not as an agent)

I just got this too--was like HUH!?!?
Thank you for your note. I am no longer an agent with Curtis Brown Ltd. and will now be working in the tech industry. If you'd like to submit to another agent at Curtis Brown Ltd., please visit our website for a list of agents and our submission guidelines:

http://www.curtisbrown.com/

Many thanks,
Nathan Bransford
http://blog.nathanbransford.com