XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone would take me seriously.:evil

Oh, by the way, where about in Colorado are you? I lived in Fountain, south of Colorado Springs from '85 to 88 or so.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, it's Floyd.

Take a head banger, get him so stoned his eyes cross, then play Comfortably Numb.

You'll understand.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone would take me seriously.:evil

Oh, by the way, where about in Colorado are you? I lived in Fountain, south of Colorado Springs from '85 to 88 or so.

Just west of Denver a little bit.

And I totally missed the music reference. But if you ask Bos I seem to miss a lot of references. I'm either deprived as a child or too young to get it.

:D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Just west of Denver a little bit.

And I totally missed the music reference. But if you ask Bos I seem to miss a lot of references. I'm either deprived as a child or too young to get it.

That's Okay, Pink Floyd is definitely a generational thing. And I'm at the tale end of that generation.

Besides Pink Floyd isn't exactly the kind of music most parents recommend to their children. Unless they are way cool.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, it's Floyd.

Take a head banger, get him so stoned his eyes cross, then play Comfortably Numb.

You'll understand.

I don't know any, and while the Floyd song sounds vaguely familiar, I can't quite place it.

May have to resort to the internet.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
It's one of my favorite Floyd songs. Highly recommend it. Heck, just get the whole album. Can't lose with that.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know any, and while the Floyd song sounds vaguely familiar, I can't quite place it.

May have to resort to the internet.

Sounds like someone do need education. Maybe not so much the thought control.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Finished last round (I think/hope/pray) of revisions tonight. I decided the climax battle needed to be more complicated. My heroine needed her face busted a bit. She may hate me for it, but the stakes have been raised and readers will be happier.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Finished last round (I think/hope/pray) of revisions tonight. I decided the climax battle needed to be more complicated. My heroine needed her face busted a bit. She may hate me for it, but the stakes have been raised and readers will be happier.

Hmm. Sounds good. Busted faces heal, eventually, and they do make for more exciting fights.

And besides, having happy readers is a good thing. Unfortunately for our characters, it is all to often at their expense, readers are a bloodthirsty lot.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Debio, shouldn't have been harshing on an album you like a few comments back.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, no worries. If I got bothered because someone didn't like something I did, I would have killed myself in junior high.

That album isn't exactly coherent. I like it for the "turn off the brain and stare at the wall" possibilities. You don't even need to smoke anything if you have "The Wall".

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's like personal and stuff. Don't mess with the face.

What's weird is that I just wrote a similar line for my ugly male MC.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, go ahead and mess with the face. I'm with you- I'm an arbitrary and whimsical god.

I like "Dark side of the Moon" the best of all their stuff. I used to play "Great Gig in the Sky" before I played in home basketball games.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
AWK. Well, since I let the MUD a friend and I were running go, I haven't been in the shell for a long time. I forgot stuff.

What base were you using (and which MUD was it?) I played a CircleMUD for a several years in the nineties. I think it's still up and running, actually! Tried coding one myself for the practice, too, but I gave up on it. I played some LPMud, too, but meh... Circle had more intuitive commands. :)

Nothing that cool in my immediate family. Unless you count my great great uncle. He survived the Civil War, then was killed in a whorehouse brawl.

\o/ I'm pretty sure on mom's side we have a very similar ancestor. Although he was probably a cattle rustler in the bargain. :)

They are gone.

There are four people in my office.

Yeah.

This sounds exactly like my office. Except there are 6 of us + some academics. But srsly, a 1 kilo (just over two pound) box of shortbread? Gone in less than 4 hours. I brought it in and didn't even get any.

I'm having to move my children out of the house because my mother has gotten so belligerent. What am I going to do without my babies?

*hug* :( I wish I could help, somehow. This must be so :gaah in the really, really non-amusing way.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
What base were you using (and which MUD was it?) I played a CircleMUD for a several years in the nineties. I think it's still up and running, actually! Tried coding one myself for the practice, too, but I gave up on it. I played some LPMud, too, but meh... Circle had more intuitive commands. :)

It was originally ROM base. I wasn't the coder. But, after about 15 years of modifications, it is its own base now. We call it DeepMUD. It has an interesting Irish Celtic theme going. Fairies and sprites and such. You folks would love it, I'm sure.

I did try learning C so that I could code for it, and though I have studied programming in the past, I learned once again that my brain does not work right for programming.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
P.S. I generally only candy-fiend when writing first drafts. Second drafts are for popcorn and popsicles. When editing, I survive on tea, toast and despair.
Now this is something you don't see people talking about in blogs and 'how to write' books - apart from Stephen King who reckons he survives on tea, but I'm sure that didn't used to be true. I'm still working out what to eat as I write. At the moment it seems to be fruit, sometimes choc biscuits and either tea or water on hand for whenever I need it. I never gave this serious thought until now. Perhaps I should have addressed this first.

I'm having to move my children out of the house because my mother has gotten so belligerent. What am I going to do without my babies?
Aw :Hug2: that's tough eh?

Hello
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can here me.
Is there anybody home?

Ear worm attack!
Yah, me too now. I'll be singing it all day. I feel I should warn you about the last time we started quoting lyrics in the cantina, the results are still there for all to read in my sig.

Besides Pink Floyd isn't exactly the kind of music most parents recommend to their children. Unless they are way cool.
Or way old, like mine.

My heroine needed her face busted a bit. She may hate me for it, but the stakes have been raised and readers will be happier.
Sounds good, and I agree with Ken, mess with the face, there's more to lose.

I like "Dark side of the Moon" the best of all their stuff. I used to play "Great Gig in the Sky" before I played in home basketball games.
If we're talking about albums where people search for missing parts of the moon, I think I prefer Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces. It's a lot funnier for a start.

Morning cantinas :Sun:
I did 458 words yesterday despite the cat being a pain for three hours non stop while I was trying to do things, things like writing. Grr :gaah

:Coffee:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Quiet today. I guess we have bum glue and are putting in BIC time.
Yeah, I had to go to a going away party for work stuff. I was expecting more folks to be around when I got back. Guess not.

I did my BICing earlier so that I could get a good revision ready to put up in SYW before the weekend started. I think this one is close to where I want it.

Somewhere between a punch in the gut and "HA! You had it coming!"

Not quite there though, something is still missing.

As for the earworm, it had been bothering me all morning. I have learned that the easiest way to get rid of an earworm is to give it to someone else. For some reason it actually works. Especially if you can sing or hum it for them. Apparently earworms travel on sound waves and migrate from person to person. They also reproduce, so be careful folks.

Anyway, I am very tired, lack of sleep this week. Story insisted that I fix it. Maybe it will leave me alone for a while now.

G'night.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

Quiet today. I guess we have bum glue and are putting in BIC time.

Well, I'm not, yet. Actually not sure if that will happen today. The most writerly thing I'll be doing is beta reading. I want to get that done before Baby Kricket makes his debut or it will be delayed another couple months. And that wouldn't be nice to the dear writer. :)

So first I will wear my self out with a little OCD nesting type cleaning and then I'll sit around and read all day.

*grows a pair of wings and flaps away whistling*

Status
Not open for further replies.