The Girlie Thread

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
We were mid-exam and she'd finished my pap when, lo and behold, she... um... checked my back door. With no warning!

That's me, always saying the stupidest thing at the stupidest time.

I got to the point where I ask beforehand, "are you going to..." after the first unannounced entry. Disgusting! My last visit, also the first with this gyno-man, I asked him and his answer was "do you want me to?" I almost died.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Well if this doesn't scare the men away...

A friend who had just had her 2nd baby warned me about going into labor and making sure to get or ask for an enema so I could go before the big show.....I didn't, I forgot. So once I started really having contractions I thought, OH NO! I HAVEN'T POOPED! The entire time I was pushing, I wasn't really giving my all for fear that well....you know. And what happened.....well...you know.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Read the list....personally, I didn't have time to do any of these things while in labor.

I wasn't allowed anything to suck on except ice.

If I'd had a magazine, I may have thrown it.

An iPod? Those were not around when I was in labor, or were they? And even so, I was way too distracted and annoyed to have anything sticking in my ears, music or the earphones.

The socks I'll say yes to, have a pair of socks.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Yep. The only thing you want around--or on you--is a pair of socks. And I didn't hold my husband's hand. Nope. I grabbed his arm. Tight. He really, really loved that. Oh, and body fluids--don't worry. That's what Chucks are for (disposable bed pads). Labor and delivery staff are prepared for a lot of action!

Here's a good one: I had to share a bathroom with another mom-in-labor. She had her expensive designer maternity dress hung up on a hanger on the door. Stockings tucked neatly into her hundreds of dollars pair of pumps. When it was her turn to deliver, all I heard was this very dainty, proper sounding, "Oh, oh, oh!" Geez. Me--I sounded like a hyena. No, maybe it was more like a lion's roar. Didn't recognize my own voice.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Must. Breathe. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Melanie, that's what I always think of with you in Mexico. It's gotta be unnerving needing medical help so far from home.

It's much better now than it was a year ago. She's learning English and my Spanish has improved, so between the two of us it works. I'm not always sure what medicine she gives me, but that's why we have the internet!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and body fluids--don't worry. That's what Chucks are for (disposable bed pads). Labor and delivery staff are prepared for a lot of action!
Yea, the constant drip drip pour of fluids kinda keeps you in a foul mood, you don't want to do anything.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and for those of you suffering with me and my crampies....donuts just arrived. I'll eat plenty for you all.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Cramps: raspberry leaf tea. May not help everyone, but several cups a month can make a difference.

Mood swings: evening primrose oil.

Don't know much about fibroids, but, Tink, some of the pain you described sounds like endo.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
...When it was her turn to deliver, all I heard was this very dainty, proper sounding, "Oh, oh, oh!" Geez. Me--I sounded like a hyena. No, maybe it was more like a lion's roar. Didn't recognize my own voice.

Can I brag? I didn't yell or scream through either delivery. I'm still kind of surprised by that.

LOL! Well, yeah, but that takes a different set of tools.

Too funny. Mm-hmm.

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
So glad someone started this thread!

For the longest time I was lucky and I had NO cramps whatsoever. Then one time all of a sudden I had cramps. The bad kind...I was doubling over in pain because of them.
I didn't know what to do. I can't swallow pills so I couldn't even take anything to get rid of the pain
Eventually I found that a big glass of milk took care of it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't scream through the delivery of my kids either, although I did snap a bit at my wife when she wouldn't get up to change the channel for me. :)

I didn't yell or scream either....my epidural had me feelin real good. My epidural had worn off just enough that I could control my muscles and push and feel that I was pushing, but had absolutely no pain.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't yell or scream either....my epidural had me feelin real good. My epidural had worn off just enough that I could control my muscles and push and feel that I was pushing, but had absolutely no pain.

They backed mine off, too, but too much so. I can't remember exactly with my first, but for my second it felt like my entire side was ripping away from my body. Cursed epidural. No screams. Just crying.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Eeow, the whole thing has me crabby. Just thinking about it. I've turned from deliriously donutty to irratable and pissy. I have cramps. I'm getting a headache. My contacts are driving me nuts. I'm at work and can't pop them out. I'm extremely tired. Something is bothering me that I really don't want to talk about cause it's stupid self inflicted drama but all the same it's drama that is pissing me off and I don't know which approach to take. I want to go home, and I still have two and a half hours to go. My floor heater annoys me before it warms me...everything annoys me. I want my bed. Maybe it's the 3 donuts, 2 coffees, diet coke, and only one glass of water that's doing it to me.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Jennifer. :Hug2: Don't beat yourself up about it. We all have discouraging days, when it feels like nothing can go right. Allow yourself to let these feelings wash over you. Wallow in them, even. Everyone needs a little self-pity once in awhile, because it makes all the good things seem that much better. Soon you can shake yourself off, because you'll be feeling better, and your emotions will line themselves out.

In the meantime, lay off the donuts...

;)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Men/Guys/Boys, take note of how fast we turn. We go from OK to stay the f@ck away from me, in seconds. Gotta love that kind of power.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I had a terrible pap test recently. I'd had one in the States long ago, and while it had been uncomfortable, it hadn't been too bad - the doctor knew it was my first one and took it slowly. The one I had here was quite different. For one thing, the doctor was running late - my appointment was for 1:30 but she saw me at 2:00 - and she was in a hurry. I barely had time to get my feet on the stirrups before she bunged a speculum in like she was trying to unclog a toilet.

I jerked up from the table. She told me to relax and tried a second time, then a third. By then it hurt so much that I was in tears, and she said, "What's wrong? You said you'd been sexually active before."

I said, "Yes, but that was ten years ago. And it was oral!" (I guess she'd been too busy to look at my chart, where I'd mentioned this)

She said, "So you're a virgin?"

I felt like saying, "Not after you and your speculum, I'm not," but I was crying too hard.

She finally gave up and told me that we'd try again another day. I wanted to reply, "Yes, I'm only tight on Mondays. Tuesday you could get your whole arm up there if you liked", but I went home and tried to recover - it really was a horribly invasive experience. The doctor said she was going to refer me to a gynecologist, and that's going to be in early July. Hopefully the gyno will be more understanding and will use a smaller speculum and take it more carefully. I don't want another experience like that again.