Not open for further replies.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I think I know the answer to my question, and I was going to PM Old Hack, but I thought it might come in handy for others. So at the risk of seeming like a fool, I'll ask. :D

My question is regarding posting editorial reviews in advance of the review journal's own publication. (I hope that made sense.) I received an email with my book's review from Foreword Reviews. They are including their review of my book in their Winter edition--December/January/February. Do I wait until the edition hits the newsstands before I share their review? Or can I post it before then?

With my last book, I did receive an editorial review from Library Journal, and the reviewer posted her review directly to my book's buy page in the editorial reviews section on Barnes & Noble. This happened a day or two in advance of the Journal's publication. (I'm still not sure how this happened. Librarian super powers, I'm thinking.) ;)

My logical side says to wait until the edition comes out. My impatient side says: Post it now!!!!! This is an area that is new for me, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I would not quote the review until after publication unless the publication gives you specific written permission to do so. (You want it in writing in case they change their mind after the event.)

If you ask them, they might say yes.

I bet it's a good review. You wouldn't want to share it if it wasn't. Hurrah!

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I would not quote the review until after publication unless the publication gives you specific written permission to do so. (You want it in writing in case they change their mind after the event.)

If you ask them, they might say yes.

I bet it's a good review. You wouldn't want to share it if it wasn't. Hurrah!

Thank you, Old Hack. I appreciate it! If I get brave enough, I'll ask them. :D

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Do ask, because it's possible-to-likely they'll give you permission. And if they do, that would be useful to you.

Remember to let us know what happens.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Update: I sent off a quick note this morning asking if I could use the review now or wait until publication. A couple of hours later, I received a reply telling me to post away.

Thank you, Old Hack, for urging me on. I will now have the review transferred onto a T-shirt which I will then wear around town. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.