Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new apartment,TerraAnn.
The moving talk reminds me it is time to resume moving stuff from the house to thrift stores.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TerraAnn, here's to new places! (Maryn raises her coffee cup, clinks yours, sloshes a little down both our arms. Oopsie.) Man, that's a pretty grueling schedule you've had.

Mr. Maryn and I have no plans to move any time soon, but we joke that's what we need to do. It seems to be the only time we get really serious about getting rid of lots of stuff. Like yesterday I was looking for something and came across one of those under-bed storage tubs filled with winter PJs. Which I apparently did not need all winter. I should just get rid of every item, no evaluating, but I suspect I won't.

Maryn, soon to be seen on "Hoarders"

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Maryn - I hear you about the clutter. I can't believe how much of it we have. And most of it is all so useless. My rule over the last year or so has become - if my first response upon coming across something is "we have one of those?", it goes. Immediately and without hesitation. And yet, still, we are buried in clutter.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, House. I don't think we have deer in my neighborhood. Opossums and raccoons, but no deer.
we have coyotes. the other morning when I took the doggies out to take care of business, around 3 am (b/c of the puppy), it was real still and quiet and I heard a coyote off in the distance. Then I heard one in the other direction and I thought - oh they are calling each other. I let the doggies sniff around a little before taking them back in. Well the next time I heard the coyotes, they were beside our yard and had found each other. It was exciting. I didn't want leela to bark though, she got excited but I corrected her before she did. don't want to wake the neighbors. Then the other night before bed I took the doggies out and before we got down the deck stairs I heard the coyotes right by our yard again, but couldn't see them because of the greenery. I wasn't sure the doggies would do their business out of excitement so I called "Go on now" or something and I guess they did because I didn't hear them anymore and the dogs did what they were supposed to.

TerraAnn congrats on the new place and thanks for the compliment for my puppy. Leela the first doggie is beautiful too. She's in my sig but that pic doesn't do her justice. I need one of the two of them together.

Sass- who could get rid of stuff as well.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Coyotes are pretty cool, but they can kill cats allowed to roam. If you know your neighbors have cats who are outside overnight, you might want to let them know you sighted the coyotes. The coyotes are just doing what coyotes do, not eating the kill, just hunting and killing to keep their hand paw in.

Maryn, who sees the occasional fox

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone! :hi:Hope you're all well. I just moved into a new apartment. Worked 9 days in a row, spent all of my day off yesterday moving, and work again for two more days. Then I have the weekend off. I'm tired, but SO in love with my new apartment...

Congrats on the new digs.

We're gonna try and upgrade this year. Not looking forward to it. (hate moving)

Morning, all.

Maryn - I hear you about the clutter. I can't believe how much of it we have. And most of it is all so useless. My rule over the last year or so has become - if my first response upon coming across something is "we have one of those?", it goes. Immediately and without hesitation. And yet, still, we are buried in clutter.

Heh. My rule has become "one year". If I haven't thought about it, used it, seen it, etc, in a year, then I toss it. (or donate it)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please come and do that to my entire house, Beatrix. I'll sit on the couch and answer honestly about when I last thought about it, used it, or saw it.

Maryn, whose study-slash-guest room is particularly bad

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Thanks, everyone!! I am exhausted, but luckily I have the best boss in the world and love my job. Otherwise I'd probably be about ready to hurl someone off a cliff right now, lol. Just one more work day and I have a weekend to myself. *sigh*

Maryn, I so hear you on that! I didn't even realize how much stuff I've gotten piled up until I moved. I have a pile of old notebooks from over the years of stories I've written. (How horrible some of them are....omg it's bad, lol. It's a good thing we grow as writers as the years go on.) I have all kinds of random boxes of things I've found. My uncle joked with me yesterday that I better not be moving again for awhile because each time I move I get more stuff (this time I got a big awesome couch from my gram and gramp. Yay!)

sassandgroove, you're welcome :) You are rightfully proud of your dogs. They are like family. No, not like. They are. Recently my black lab, Zeke, passed away. He was very old, but it was hard to let him go. He was our first family dog. I thankfully have a video of him I filmed last summer out at a river. He used to plunge his whole head under water and surface with a large rock on his mouth. He was such a dork, lol. I've watched that video about a hundred times and it never gets old. He'll always have a place in my heart. We have other dogs too that are still around and they help things ease along.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. Thanks again to you all about the move! It was stressful and tiring, but now that I am moved in it was so worth it :)

Hope you're all well!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Claps hands sharply.] Good morning! Today we will all be writing, yes?

Maryn, who has plans

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the Pacific Northwest again--for the month of June. From 90 degrees and humidity to overcast and cool. Hopefully, the research gods can get their beams through the cloud cover again this year. Any HOLers in the vicinity of Friday Harbor?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish! How about I fly out for dinner?

Maryn, seafood lover

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Neuro..I love the Pac Northwest...I fell in love with seattle at first sight. Have a good time.

so *cough* Maryn You ah...expecting everyone to um *cough* write today.
*looking at that wistful place in the corner of the ceiling* That would be nice...Ive had a teaparty, arts and crafts, a water balloon fight, and given some very enegetic puppies a bath...not sure what the rest of today will unfold. I shall endeavor to try...maybe...well I'll see

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
Writing? Writing? Hmm. That's the good stuff that comes after dinner, right?

For the first time in my life, I'm going shopping for worms. Yup, worms. Frisky, the shrieking gecko is hungry. There is a danger I might purchase the wrong kind of worm. When I asked Frisky what her preference was in worm-cuisine, she just stared at me then licked her eyeball.

Carol, fascinated and creeped out

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want you to try to work this phrase into something you write: She just stared at me then licked her eyeball. Consider it a writing exercise.

The Kid and I went to the art museum today. I used to take them a lot when they were little. They've changed a lot of the exhibits, and there was a traveling exhibit on fiber arts that was way cool.

Maryn, not artistic

TerraAnn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Hello all!

And yes, Maryn! Writing for sure! I just got home from work, but after I catch up on my soaps I'm going to snuggle up in some jammies and write the night away. A friend wants to take me out for a drink cause I've been so stressed with work and moving and maybe I will...but I'd rather be home writing so that's probably where I'll be. Does that make me sad? lol.

Random side note, my internet crashed last night and didn't come back until just now. I didn't know what to do with myself. I think I have a problem with being on the internet too much, lol

Anyways, hope everyone is well! :)

pandora1983

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Terra...youre a writer...not sad. Make those words work in your favor. we' say...motivated. That sounds much better dontcha think?
Also, who is not addicted to the net these days?

So, suprise for Pandora...Sis and family are all going out to eat tonight,which gives me at least 3 solid hours of free time.
She may write after all folks.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want you to try to work this phrase into something you write: She just stared at me then licked her eyeball. Consider it a writing exercise.

The Kid and I went to the art museum today. I used to take them a lot when they were little. They've changed a lot of the exhibits, and there was a traveling exhibit on fiber arts that was way cool.

Maryn, not artistic

I finally got a chance to check out some fiber art displays at the little local nature museum in our county last year. (Now wondering if it was the same exhibit?) Very cool stuff. They also had an old postcard exhibit. That was fascinating. (So many different "types" of art on postcards decades ago. Who knew?) It was funny to read some of the old messages on the old postcards that folks had written to the recepients. Made me wistful about letters. Folks just don't do that anymore.

Haven't been to an art museum in awhile though. (good idea)

TerraAnn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Very true, pandora. It's such a breath of fresh air to be amongst people here who get it, lol. It's 50/50 with me and how often I go out with friends or stay in. Whenever I say I'd rather stay in and write, they always look at me like I'm a nut, lol.

And oo! Go pandora, go pandora! Write away, hehe :)

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
She just stared at me and licked her eyeball. I took a drink of my Rigellian soda.
"How did your species survive without proper tongues to drink with?" xCTHkwqr demanded. I shrugged.
"We invented the straw." I told her.

pandora1983

Registered
Reaction score
Website
She just stared at me and licked her eyeball. I took a drink of my Rigellian soda.
"How did your species survive without proper tongues to drink with?" xCTHkwqr demanded. I shrugged.
"We invented the straw." I told her.

Komnena
Love the straw line, before I even read it the first place my brain went was.."We make the drink come to us. Not the other way around."
lol I wonder what that says about my cynicism and the human condition...oh well Im done wondering..moving on

Last edited:

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com

She just stared at me then licked her eyeball.

"MOM! MOM!" I tried to keep my most screamy feelings inside while I walked backwards out of the room. Since I'm good at walking backwards, I bet she thought that's how I do it all the time.

She didn't turn her head, but her eyes stayed right on me. And it wasn't a smile on her mouth, it wasn't happy like her mom had just given her a great toy, like a Nerf gun or something, for her birthday. It made me feel like that one time at the mall when Mom thought I was with Mimi and Mimi thought I was with Mom, but I wasn't with either of them because that day my new favorite game was released and I forgot to tell anyone where I was going and I couldn't remember which store I came out of because all those clothes for moms look the same and all the salesladies with the long blonde hair are all named Ashley or Brianna or Jessica and they're no help at all. Not really.

But Mom would want to know that the new babysitter can lick her own eyeball. Really, I think eyeball licking is more important than going out with some guy who isn't my dad, who doesn't laugh at farts like my dad did, doesn't call me "Spud" like my dad used to, and who makes my mom wear lipstick and shoes she has to balance on. It's probably more important than the F I got on Friday's spelling test and it's way more important than the fight I got into on the playground when Jimmy Bilstrand said in front of everyone that living in a house with all girls will turn me into a girl too. Yeah, mom will want to stay home tonight instead of leaving me with a stranger with a weird tongue.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys have me laughing, which I would not have thought likely since the coffeemaker spewed coffee everywhere this morning. (It's always something, isn't it?)

Who's keeping the master list of House of Love writing prompts? This is item one.

Maryn, still grinning

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for liking my little piece, Pandora.
Cute work, Mom's WRite.
I'm glad we could make you laugh, Maryn.

pandora1983

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning all.
Pandora was so tired last night and she slept so hard when she woke, she had map~face. One probably could discern I-95 from chin to hairline.
I will not speak to thi subject of drool. Except to say that ladies do not drool. Then again, Pandora ain't no lady.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Damn jet lag--third day in a row, waking up at 3:00a.m. Staying up late doesn't help, either. Just makes the afternoons more sluggish.

Rich, whose eyes feel like I licked them in my sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.