Freelance Chance ;)

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
So I stumbled upon a freelance writing opportunity. HOWEVER, it's not fiction, it's more "real-life" stuff.

It's a great way to make some extra cash on the side. Basically, they offer various writing assignments. The categories are: Topical Articles, Product Descriptions, F&Q Articles, How-To Articles, and Blog Posts.
You must complete an assessment for them to see how well you handle grammar, punctuation, use of pronouns, and so on.

Link:http://Write.com

I completed 99% of the assessment, but did not finish the writing sample, haha. It's a bit more time consuming than I thought, because it really calls for you to be creative and engaging, all while making sure you reached the word count minimum (100), which can be hard if you barely know anything about the subject or are unsure of how to make it sound epic! (My sample subject was: black cupboard knobs--haha!)

Anyways, thought I'd share this.

Hope it's of some use!
-Karla

frankiebrown

Simplify.
Registered
Reaction score
Just completed the qualification test... I now know a lot more about black cupboard knobs than I have any right to. If I'm not careful, I may wax poetic about cabinet accessories in my next novel.

Discord

Registered
Reaction score
You might want to be careful with this stuff. It looks like a content mill, and those are notoriously low paying. I don't know this one specifically, and there are some exceptions, but if they hang on to the rights of your work you might lose work that could be profitable elsewhere.

liter8media

Exploring the Time Vortex
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't look that good either. However, I do need a little money, so I'll probably take it on for a while, just so I can get a little funding until I find my next assignment. But I would never rely on something like this for getting real assignments, and making a living.

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
@frankiebrown - haha, I know! It's funny that way. :p
@Discord - understandable, but a 200 word-"blurb" on faucets isn't exactly something I need everyone to know I wrote, nor will I need to share it elsewhere.
@liter8media - so true. Def. not something you want to rely heavily on, but it can help with gas and stuff. I think it's like $2.25 for 100 words and $4.75 for 250 words.

Discord

Registered
Reaction score
@frankiebrown - haha, I know! It's funny that way. :p
@Discord - understandable, but a 200 word-"blurb" on faucets isn't exactly something I need everyone to know I wrote, nor will I need to share it elsewhere.
@liter8media - so true. Def. not something you want to rely heavily on, but it can help with gas and stuff. I think it's like $2.25 for 100 words and $4.75 for 250 words.

Fair enough. Just so long as you're aware and satisfied with the pay rate, then (just under .02 cents a word)

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Just completed the qualification test... I now know a lot more about black cupboard knobs than I have any right to. If I'm not careful, I may wax poetic about cabinet accessories in my next novel.

Same here.

"Julia, what do you think about these Emtex Cupboard Knobs?"

"I hate them, Ron. Get the Black Cupboard Knobs, instead."

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
Okay...So it's been over 24 hours and I received no information back.

It may be because it's the weekend, but I was hoping to at least hear SOMETHING.

Anyone else heard anything?

r.booker

Registered
Reaction score
well this is going on my list of resources for the near future! It doesn't sound so bad at all!

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
So, apparently, I missed five questions.

Ugh.... *smacks himself.

Oh, no! Sorry, I didn't finish the assessment so I couldn't have helped you with our previous question even if I had seen it before this most recent comment.

Is there anyway you can do it again??

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! Sorry, I didn't finish the assessment so I couldn't have helped you with our previous question even if I had seen it before this most recent comment.

Is there anyway you can do it again??

Possibly, but I'll wait a while. The main reason I missed questions was because I didn't read the Grammar and Syntax Guide on their site.

MonkeyShiner

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet title!

Sounds like an amazing website. Never heard of this one before. The pay sounds incredible.

This is the type of freelancing that I do regularly, and I only get paid .01 a word. So .02 is amazing pay from where I'm coming from.

You set a daily limit, and you can make it on it, provided that the cost of living isn't high where you live. Don't give up your day job until you're good enough at it. Otherwise, you could have a serious issue.

It is all about speed. If you can write 2-500 ($5.00 a piece) word articles an hour you are making $10 an hour.

Since you gave me a useful website, I'll give you the name of the one that I use:

http://www.textbroker.com/

It is the best website that I have found so far in this field of work. They are highly reputable, and the clients you work with there are some of the best. Although, the pay isn't fantastic, your articles are usually accepted.

I have only received one rejection out of the 680 articles that I have written. That is not because my writing is perfect. The writers are protected, so if a client rejects something it will be reviewed.

This cuts down on the number of clients that will reject article for no reason. Or steal content.

One thing with this field of work if you work full-time there, is you should always have backup sites to work for. Sometimes the amount of work dries up at one site, and if you haven't reached your daily amount of pay needed. It aint a pretty sight.

heatherm8119

Registered
Reaction score
Sweet title!

Sounds like an amazing website. Never heard of this one before. The pay sounds incredible.

This is the type of freelancing that I do regularly, and I only get paid .01 a word. So .02 is amazing pay from where I'm coming from.

You set a daily limit, and you can make it on it, provided that the cost of living isn't high where you live. Don't give up your day job until you're good enough at it. Otherwise, you could have a serious issue.

It is all about speed. If you can write 2-500 ($5.00 a piece) word articles an hour you are making $10 an hour.

Since you gave me a useful website, I'll give you the name of the one that I use:

http://www.textbroker.com/

It is the best website that I have found so far in this field of work. They are highly reputable, and the clients you work with there are some of the best. Although, the pay isn't fantastic, your articles are usually accepted.

I have only received one rejection out of the 680 articles that I have written. That is not because my writing is perfect. The writers are protected, so if a client rejects something it will be reviewed.

This cuts down on the number of clients that will reject article for no reason. Or steal content.

One thing with this field of work if you work full-time there, is you should always have backup sites to work for. Sometimes the amount of work dries up at one site, and if you haven't reached your daily amount of pay needed. It aint a pretty sight.

Now I think I have included the quoted text correctly. Monkeyshiner, what kind of clients do you receive?