Goodbye, CactusWendy, we love you

Mayfield

sleeping the sleep of the sleepless
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, such sad news. We'll miss you, Cactus Wendy! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Puma

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this. Appreciated you, Wendy.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wendy, you made me feel very welcomed when I first joined. You said you played COH (City of Heroes), when I said I was a gamer. You will always be a hero to me.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Wendy, though I don't know you personally, I've seen your posts many times, and I will miss your presence here.

I wish you peace and your family peace.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Though I don't know Wendy, my thoughts are with her and her family. Having recently gone through this with my mother, the pain is fresh. I hope that you can find some solace in knowing that you are not alone. Take good care of each other. Love to Wendy and her loved ones- Bebop

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
How sad. Wendy was always one of my favorite AW regulars -- so smart, funny, and caring. I will miss her presence here. I wish I'd had a chance to meet her in person. Thank you, Wendy, for being an influence on my life.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Such sad news. Prayers to Wendy, and her family. She's sent me a few funny reps over the last couple of years, and I'll miss her kind words.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
R.I.P. Wendy

Hello,
It's Larissa, I would like you thank everyone for the warm thoughts.I never knew this part of my Mothers life. I feel blessed to have glimpsed into it.

My Mom passed last evening,she was surrounded by her 2 children and granddaughter.
She suffered from COPD. I urge anyone who currently smokes to think hard about how you will die. No should have to spend the last moments of their life this way. Priorities and perspectives have been changed. Life is to short to hate. Love and charish every minute with the ones you love. I miss her already!
Thanks for being a great community to my Mommy......
Larissa

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
This thread has been reopened for those who have any additional words.

rest in peace, sweet Wendy.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know, Larissa. Especially in this tough time. Hugs to you and your family.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Rest in peace, Wendy.

Larissa, thanks so much for letting us know. Thinking of you and your family.

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

-Gibran

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Heartfelt hugs, Larissa, to you and your family.

Rest well, CW.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Larissa, your mother will be very missed. Thank you for coming to let us know at what is obviously an incredibly difficult time. It is the sort of thing your mother would have done in the same situation and which is why we appreciated her so much.

Sincerest sympathy and all the best to you and your family.

RIP Wendy.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to eulogize someone who was such an important part of AW is nearly impossible - though sometimes the simplest words are the most honest.

"You will be missed."

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Such sad news. Though relatively new here, even I was aware of her sage presence.

Terribly sorry, and may you and your family be blessed with many good memories.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know, Larissa. :cry:

As horrible as it is to lose someone, there's nothing better than at least being by their side when they go.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
My heart breaks for you and your family, Larissa. My prayers go out to you. Your mother loved this community so much that she spent endless hours of service to others who wanted to fulfill their life's dreams. Her never ending sacrifice to us will NEVER be forgotten.

Kim

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
BigWords, allow me...

Wendy, the best words I know are "you were one of us". You were free with a reppie, always had a cheerful word for the newbs (even when we were trying to barbecue them), and were never lacking the gift of a word of encouragement when you thought one was needed.

Being "one of us" had its drawbacks, I'm sure. I'd bet there were times you wanted to kick some serious butt down in the Horror Hounds forums. I'd assume that mine wasn't one of them, but then I'd be a liar. But you were there with a kind word, an acknowledgement, a cautionary admonition.

I wish I had known you better. I wish you had a longer time with us. I wish I had had a longer time getting to know you. I wish I'd taken the time to get to know you better.

We always wish after the fact don't we, Wendy? Still, you are one of us. You will always be one of us. Though you may not be here electronically, you remain with us in spirit and spirit is far more important than a few electrons floating around data heaven.

You, we know, are in real Heaven. Hopefully, after you get finished with the guided tour and ogling the angels and trying to pry up one of the gold bricks paving the streets and slipping it into the fold of your robe, you'll be set up with a desk and an endless supply of paper upon which to write and sharpened pencils with which to write. Because write you must. You wrote upon our hearts and now you write upon our spirits. Feed us your inspiration as you always have. We'll hear it and feel it as we did when you were with us here.

But, Wendy - take a day off now and then, okay? I hear Heaven has some great places to visit and sightsee. And don't get in God's grill too much for His, um, grammar, okay?

We love you, Wendy. You were, and will always be, "one of us".

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when I first started here on Absolute Write and introduced myself on the Newbie Board. Wendy was one of the first to say hello and welcome me and I appreciated it so much. Much love and prayers for you and your family.