Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
(local)Writers Guild: What IS paranormal? The Southern Ghost hunters will be our guest speakers at our first meeting on Sept. 2nd at 6pm at the .......Library. We are working on a wonderful surprise in October.

(local)Writers Guild: Giving just a hint about the surprise for October. Who would like to win an opportunity to accompany the TAPS - Ghost Hunters of The South team on a paranormal investigation? Would that be fun?

Why yes, yes it would. Couldn't be anything easy like scream the loudest could it??
me must win.

side note: Everytime I stop by, the squirrel did it in new and improved ways. If I take a contract out on my kitty cat, I'll be in touch.;)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I found a muse for you Rhonda she is skilled with edits and can cut things down to size

carrion_crow_girl_by_Ketka.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant
Duuuude, I didn't "get" that until I looked up the file name. NICE! May I gank that and use it as my next icon?

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
Sorry I'm late with my check-in.

What I Did: 2541 words and 1st Draft up of my August Prompt story. Almost 900 words on the novel. I also pimped Laurie's Blog in my blog. Check it out. Plus, on Saturday I chatted with Julie Fletcher at Black Label Books. She said she wants to publish "Jack Rainey and the Apocalypse Swarm," she just needs to speak to her partner to make it official. I wait on pins and needles for the confirmation.:hooray:

Also, saw the surgeon yesterday. He's very pleased with the way I'm healing. I see him again in 5 weeks, on September 29. That will also be my 5 year Sober Anniversary. Crystal and I are going to go out to celebrate (alcohol-free, of course;)). It will be a tremendous milestone!

What I WILL do: 1000 on the novel. Another short story based on the August Prompt is begging me to write it, so I think I'll give that a go as well.

Found a fitting image for the Houndies:
intresting-1.gif

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Steven that vid is soo funny.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Zahra,

Hopefully you got enough feedback and things are moving along.

highkickgirl.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant
Thank you so much. I think I wasn't clear about the SYW. That's not Freets, the screenplay that's giving me so much trouble. The one in SYW is Watch All Night. I hope to be posting the improved first 10 some time later.

Meanwhile, just getting on with getting on! I guess this week I'm concentrating on Watch.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Sorry I'm late with my check-in.

What I Did: 2541 words and 1st Draft up of my August Prompt story. Almost 900 words on the novel. I also pimped Laurie's Blog in my blog. Check it out. Plus, on Saturday I chatted with Julie Fletcher at Black Label Books. She said she wants to publish "Jack Rainey and the Apocalypse Swarm," she just needs to speak to her partner to make it official. I wait on pins and needles for the confirmation.:hooray:

Also, saw the surgeon yesterday. He's very pleased with the way I'm healing. I see him again in 5 weeks, on September 29. That will also be my 5 year Sober Anniversary. Crystal and I are going to go out to celebrate (alcohol-free, of course;)). It will be a tremendous milestone!

What I WILL do: 1000 on the novel. Another short story based on the August Prompt is begging me to write it, so I think I'll give that a go as well.

Found a fitting image for the Houndies:
intresting-1.gif

congrats Steve,

Good to hear you are healing well. Always good to see you checking in...even if you are a little late;)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
(local)Writers Guild: What IS paranormal? The Southern Ghost hunters will be our guest speakers at our first meeting on Sept. 2nd at 6pm at the .......Library. We are working on a wonderful surprise in October.

(local)Writers Guild: Giving just a hint about the surprise for October. Who would like to win an opportunity to accompany the TAPS - Ghost Hunters of The South team on a paranormal investigation? Would that be fun?

Why yes, yes it would. Couldn't be anything easy like scream the loudest could it??
me must win.

side note: Everytime I stop by, the squirrel did it in new and improved ways. If I take a contract out on my kitty cat, I'll be in touch.;)

You must be really excited I love the Ghost Hunters. They are so fun. Yes the squirrel is a creative critter.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah - I thought we did a good job. :evil

I mean :2angel:
too bad the sheep that looks like a Hello Kitty wasn't around to help you, you could have taken over all of AW:)

Duuuude, I didn't "get" that until I looked up the file name. NICE! May I gank that and use it as my next icon?
I was hoping you'd notice:D
Thanks Tigress :)

You are welcome Ben:)

Tigery Mistressness, that muse looks like bonkable demon jailbait.

I am soooo distracted now... :D

He is 21, I swear:D

Thank you so much. I think I wasn't clear about the SYW. That's not Freets, the screenplay that's giving me so much trouble. The one in SYW is Watch All Night. I hope to be posting the improved first 10 some time later.

Meanwhile, just getting on with getting on! I guess this week I'm concentrating on Watch.

Good luck Zahra!

Too all the houndies who didn't report in:

I will be paying you a personal visit. I will being expecting output or I will get cranky and hungry.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
You must be really excited I love the Ghost Hunters. They are so fun. Yes the squirrel is a creative critter.

Oh yea, very excited!
Don't believe it's anything that would be aired (thats a good thing).
When I find out what it is, I'll post it. hee hee

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
@Tigress: I'm taking that as a "yes."

Brief update:

Still hacking away at the previously mentioned troubling chapter. But I think I have a better angle now. This WILL get done. *sharpens machete*

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Now that it's the weekend:

"The Carrion Girl"--the Evil Chapter is bumbling along at a steady 100-200 words a day. *headdesk* Definitely not my best, but at least it's moving. I'm going to have to rearrange some things later on in the novel, but it's for the best, and it has a more coherent shape in my head now.

"Doppelganger"--flung the first plot point, got my MC nice and squirmy over what he's gotten himself into, reached the goal I set for myself this week. Yay!

Goals for next week:

Finish the Evil Chapter and move the hell on, untangling the subsequent plot points as I go. I'm aiming for....two chapters beyond where I'm at right now.

And get to the next major plot point--another couple thousand words should it I think.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Last week's goal: Finish the vacation longhand.
Result: Done. Total at that moment of 20,000-ish words.

Continued writing. Word count as of last night: 20,800-ish words.

This week's goals:
1. Revise outline based on minor character standing up and informing me her part is bigger than I thought.
2. Reach 22,000 minimum.

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
What I Did: Got my official acceptance from Black Label Books. Check them out on Facebook. Got a rejection Sunday morning from Shock Totem on "How Does Your Garden Grow?"

Sunday celebrated 4 years 11 months sobriety.

Wrote 535 on a new story, and 509 on the novel. Off week, I guess.

What I'll DO: 1000 words on novel (if I keep saying it maybe one day I'll get it), finish new story (it's fantasy, based on the August Prompt), and maybe sign my contract;)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Yay! Look at everyone's progress!!

:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

The plan had been...
More words on anything in progress and/or editing on Then and Now.
Daily blogging.
No. New. Shorts. Presently, I have 2 shorts in progress, 2 estimated novel length in progress, 1 novella/possibly short novel length in progress, and the editing of the Then and Now short. I need to finish something before I can let myself start anything new.

The Reality...
1400+ words added to Kilby. Kilby's my August prompt story - I think it's going to be bigger than a short, but we'll see. Currently sits just just over 2200 at the end of segment/chapter 1.
Blogged every day - some posts with pics. :)
Have a new short story just itching for my fingers to put it down - but it's still only in my head - nothing new actually started. So, I can still count this as an accomplishment. Right? Right???

The new plan...
More words to anything in progress.
Continue the daily blog.
Ok, I'll put it down. You know it's going to happen anyway. Write down the short story bouncing around in my head. I don't think it'll be that long - maybe 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.