I Need Help. I'm Tired Of Searching And Finding The Wrong Thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been searching for the software for my DVD burner, Lite-On Brand, with serial number 6F8212402340-2734208271 and model number ENAU108-119 5.

I look and look and all I find is this Driver Tool, this program to install all kinds of drivers and crap, and I don't want something to install everything, just that program that I can't find anywhere else. Do you guys think you could help me out here? I hate search engines. They help us find everything, but when it's specific software, forget it.

Thanks in advance.
Christina Layton.

PS: I figured out that's why it can't burn data DVD's, because it doesn't have that software and I have no idea what happened to the CD.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Has your burner ever worked? If so, then the output might be turned off. Some programs turn the burner off as a default.

Google the steps to "turn on DVD burner" and see if that doesn't solve your problem.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Any DVD burning software should work with your drive, as long as you have the appropriate drivers installed.

I'm confused--what is it that you need software to do? Burn DVDs, right? There's plenty of freeware out there that'll work.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
My DVD burner works all the time with Freemake Video Converter to burn my home movies, recorded with my digital camera, into DVD, so that I can watch them on my DVD player. What it can't do, and this is funny, is to burn files into a CD or DVD. In other words, if I have a file that I need to back up, I can't transfer it because the DVD burner doesn't have a program to do that. It's funny how it can do something much more complicated as it is to burn movies into DVD, but it can't burn a simple file to CD or DVD. I just needed the software the DVD burner came with to be able to do everything with it. Thank you, though.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Most likely the converter has turned off your DVD output. Mine did the same thing. I had to manually turn it back on.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
We need to take a couple of steps back, Miss Christina, just to avoid more wild goose chases.

What is the make/model of the machine in question?
What operating system?

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Most likely the converter has turned off your DVD output. Mine did the same thing. I had to manually turn it back on.

This is my very first external DVD burner and I don't even know where that little thing is.

We need to take a couple of steps back, Miss Christina, just to avoid more wild goose chases.

What is the make/model of the machine in question?
What operating system?

Make, model number, and even serial number are at the start of the thread.

Operating system is Windows XP home Edition. Computer is from 2009, it's a Dell netbook.

Thanks. I'm at that page right now. :)

Charles Farley

Bango Skank
Registered
Reaction score
I would start with the firmware upgrade . . . just to make sure the burner is up to date and installed properly . . . after that you should be able to burn what you want . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.