Problem with e-mailing query, sample chapter and synopsis

Mark Welsh

Another Day Another Fifty Cents
Registered
Reaction score
I tried sending out a query, a sample chapter and a synopsis through my gmail account. I pasted everything into the body of the email as per instructions. The agency wants the first 50 (!) pages and my synopsis is 6 pages double spaced.

When I hit the send button, it said 'your message has been sent' but when I looked at the copy sent to my 'sent messages' box, half of it was cut off.

I got no error message about the message being too big or the message sent being incomplete. I tried it again and the same thing happened. The agency says that any submission they receive that does not conform to their guidelines will be automatically rejected so it looks like I'm out in left field unless I can correct this somehow.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening here?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I think there's a maximum length to gmail messages. I can't find out what this length is, but I've had that happen to me. (Searching through the help forums over at Google, it seems that text messages get clipped at about 55-56K.)

I would contact the agency and verify they want the first 50 pages in the body of the e-mail. Most of the places I've seen that want 50 pages are ok with attachments.

:-/

Mark Welsh

Another Day Another Fifty Cents
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Amergina. I would think that he would have specified that attachments are okay but I don't think he did. Anyway I'll double check. Thanks again.