• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rees Literary Agency (formerly Helen Rees L. A.)

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Rebecca Podos has had any sales?

Hi Dryad,

There's nothing coming up for her on Publishers Marketplace. I'm interested in querying her, too, so any other info on her would be helpful.

--Stella

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on Rebecca Podos? I was thinking of querying her as well, but now I'm wondering if I should have more info about her sales history first...I know the Rees Agency does a lot of business, so maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
She's on my long list to query, MadameApeFace, but I haven't yet because of that very reason. As far as I can tell, she hasn't sold anything yet, and I'm prioritizing those agents who have.

But the agency itself has had a large number of sales to good places. If you query and you get to the point where she offers representation, then you can ask about her sales and her plan of attack for your book.

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Cross your fingers and hope I reach that stage, Thedrellum -- thanks for the advice :)

Director C

needy
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure when the name changed, but the agency seems to be just Rees Literary Agency now. I couldn't find it under R, and I was like, "how is it possible that I've encountered an agency not listed on AW????" :D

Director C

needy
Registered
Reaction score
*Tries hard to be envious of Becca. Keeps feeling happy for her instead.*

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure when the name changed, but the agency seems to be just Rees Literary Agency now. I couldn't find it under R, and I was like, "how is it possible that I've encountered an agency not listed on AW????" :D

Name changed in '10, 'parently.

Helen Rees passed away in '15. Agency continues under her son, Lorin.

Last edited:

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For anyone interested, Kelly Peterson (who is currently closed but may be reopening soon?), recently posted this on Twitter:

If you’re one of the people I reject for an old manuscript, please feel free to DM me for my submissions link. I’m sure if nothing else, you’ve edited the manuscript since then, and I’d be happy to see your most up to date version!