• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a Beta for YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I'm in the finishing stages of my YA fantasy novel and would like a beta for it.

Here is the Query:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Agent, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Taylor is tired of secrets.

At the age of 17 she no longer expects her mother to love her, or the people in town to accept her; she just wants to know who her father was. She wants to know why people were scared of him. But most of all, now that she found her father's letter, she wants to know who the Maaylina are and why they want her.

When Taylor first finds the Maaylina she assumes them to be a cult, equipped with bonfire legends and a strange religion, but being led by the aunt she never knew existed they also hold the answers to all of her questions. But when Taylor's powers manifest she is surprised to find that their stories are much more than legends, and their religion is much more than a belief-- it's a curse. The Maaylina believe they are keepers of Destiny and use their powers to cause disasters to the human world.

Taylor considers them murderers and refuses to join them. The Maaylina consider her a traitor, and this ancient race has killed for much less.

SHADOWS OF DESTINY is a 65,000 word YA urban fantasy novel…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

let me know if you're interested. One thing I would particularly appreciate in a Beta is grammar/sentence structure advice. I don't expect line edits or anything but I am a product of public schooling so I'm learning on the fly a little (don't worry, it's not THAT bad. :)) Someone decently good at that who is willing to point out some things I may not have noticed would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.