How'd You Find This Site?

pea

Registered
Reaction score
I did a google search for a publishing house I found on craigslist, and, lo and behold, they were listed on the Bewares section on this site. I bookmarked it and have been back to lurk for a while.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through TNH's Making Light post about Atlanta Nights, which linked to NEPAT. I joined AW so I could post in NEPAT and Bewares & Background Check, where I lurked and occasionally posted for a long time. After the school year started winding down a bit in April of this year, I decided to de-lurk, venture out into other forums besides B&BC, post more often in most of the forums, and become an active member.

I've been here ever since.

country-writer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.felinexpress.com
I stumbled on you accidentally while looking up a quote about seeing an owl and someone close to you dying. Which just happened to me recently. I saw an owl in the afternoon and it flew next to me and my shepherd on the trail in the woods for about ten minutes, then it vanished.

When I returned home about an hour later, I learned my sister-in-law had passed away that afternoon. That's how I found you.

AdelleLaudan

Everytime I would do a search on a potential Publisher this site kept popping up. I had read the great input and figured I should join ASAP. Some great advice and services offered here!

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
deltasierra said:
I'm part of another discussion board with a sub-forum dedicated to writing. Someone posted a link here (he is also a member here), and I signed up.

I always get the blame :) (/waves at deltasierra! Hiya :) )

I... have no idea how I got here. I was on the old board too. I think I was installed with the software.

ClearVibe

OMG, just joined here, and seeing you ascribe Marianne's
quote to her, instead of to Mandela, tells me I must be in
the right place!!!

Ann

WindWeaver

Registered
Reaction score
I followed the link from Writer Beware, and have been happily hooked ever since!

Myriah

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
My story is incredibly dull, just warning. Since I got bored and quit LJ this spring and the board I used to love is always down, I decided it was time to go find some new boards. So I thought about what my interests are and went looking for boards suiting them. The first one was writing, and this popped up. I rathered enjoyed what I found and visit here everyday now.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
researching vanity presses

I was researching the vanity press Whose Name We Do Not Mention.

Not that I had any plans to send them my pressssious, you understand, I wanna warn off the eager and desperate before they reach the shearing pens.

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
Freckles said:
hi Aubrey...welcome! What kind of writing do you do?
Yeesh, could I be later with my response?

I wrote mostly short stories, generally rather angsty. I just got re-interested in the supernatural novel in progress I start and abandoned last year, so hopefully I can make myself carry through with the project until the end next time. I keep feeling there's a reason it found me again, so I'm really putting a lot of work into starting up again and making it something special, and hopefully better.

simplywriting

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolehumphrey.net
"Stumbled Across It"

I guess I just sort of stumbled across it awhile back. I was on another writers board and someone posted a link to a post on here. I followed it and kind of lurked and read stuff for a long time until deciding to join tonight.

I really like AW. Glad I found it!

LunarLodge

I'm Still Searching

I was prowling Google for "Screenplay Submissions" and found this site. It's quite good. However... Everybody has horror stories and "Sites from Hell" to avoid. Where are the Good recommendations? Places to submit.

This is a pretty peachy site to rove and I appreciate the effort that everybody is going to, cheers to you all.

LunarLodge: "The Last Best Space"®

Odile

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site linked at a forum for writers in the Netherlands, top of Northern Europe (Amsterdam, not Brussels).

Odile

HorrorWriter

It's a new dawn. It's a new day.
Registered
Reaction score
In your closet with the Boogeyman's corpse!
I found this site a while ago, actually, but never joined. I just surfed around it, and found the information incredibly useful. Thanks Jenna for forming such a great site! I plan to find out useful information for myself, as well as assisting fellow writers. I have been writing for years; 2 manscripts, a movie script, short stories, children's stories, and poems. Glad to be here!

Last edited:

LisaM11463

I am new to this site

Hello everyone,
My name is Lisa-Marie and I am so glad I found this site. I'm curious to know how many others besides myself are having the problems I seem to be having finding a literary agent ?

Lisa-Marie

Olderbutwiser

Registered
Reaction score
What led me here? Events, dear readers, events. Hill and Hill events - see watercooler.

Tatiana

Hi all.

I recently discovered Miss Snark, literary agent. While following a link in one of the comments I came upon Absolute Write. So here I am. :)

I want to write sci-fi novels, but I'm studying to be an editor or technical writer (I haven't had to choose yet). I used to be a genetic engineer/lab slave.

rosebud

green

i have one of those "friend of a friend" stories. you know, the kind where a friend of a friend told her about this site, she told me and the rest, as they say, is history. glad to be here.

Terre

Registered
Reaction score
A writer friend of mine E-mailed me about visiting the Water Cooler, when I asked her a question about a publishing company. I checked it out and fell in love with it. I still haven't checked out all the various sites it holds, but it's a wealth of information.

TerreT

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I can't remember how I found the site. I think I was doing a general search on Writing websites and it may have been one of the ones listed. It's definitely one of the best, so I've kept it!

Jackie Coupe

Evil Lord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.witness-online.com
I was looking for Chippewa publishers on google and a thread out of here popped up, I clicked on it and this huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge massive forum sprang into view!
The rest as they say, is history