A Life of Crime and Chocolate

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did not get a rake - I got two pairs of shoes!

:hooray:I LOVE this! It makes total sense to me. :D

BTW, Shakes. It seems like retiring is easy but getting you to stay retired is something of a challenge. :D

Drained...absolutely drained.

My beloved team in the Scottish Cup Semi final today. I'll tell you, supporting Hibernian FC can really take it out of you. :e2faint:

:ROFL:

Try being a QPR supporter. :rolleyes

Usually when I have these things I wake up thinking 'wow, what a great idea' then actually think about it and realise no, a flying donkey as a detective wouldn't really work...

Flying donkey? Hmmm. Donkey - could be mule. Mule - could be drug smuggler. Drug smuggler could be the brother of the detective..........whose investigating the murder of a druglord....

You might have something there. :D

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray:I LOVE this! It makes total sense to me. :D

BTW, Shakes. It seems like retiring is easy but getting you to stay retired is something of a challenge. :D

LOL! This time I mean it! I am so tired and have so many things I want to do - like go shoe shopping in a garden centre!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Flying donkey? Hmmm. Donkey - could be mule. Mule - could be drug smuggler. Drug smuggler could be the brother of the detective..........whose investigating the murder of a druglord....

You might have something there. :D

Or, Flying Donkey is an object, the macguffin of the entire piece, which turns out to be something totally boring right at the end of the murder mystery.

Or it's another spin off of Shrek. Donkey forms his own PI agency.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Or, Flying Donkey is an object, the macguffin of the entire piece, which turns out to be something totally boring right at the end of the murder mystery.

Or it's another spin off of Shrek. Donkey forms his own PI agency.

That could be a Doctor Who story line - Tardis damaged by flying Donkey PI. It would make more sense than some of the recent episodes!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Ain't it the truth!

(But of course moms don't get sick... :rolleyes: )

Nope, we don't get sick but if we do it's never as bad as anyone else. ;)

In other news, got in 3300 words the last two days. Unfortunately it was for a 10 page research paper. *Oy!*

Wonder when I'll settle down to actually do the kind of writing I love.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, we don't get sick but if we do it's never as bad as anyone else. ;)

Ain't that the truth!:D

I think HJ's little one's sickness was contagious. I've now got hubby and youngest at home sick.:e2bummed:

In other news, got in 3300 words the last two days. Unfortunately it was for a 10 page research paper. *Oy!*

Wonder when I'll settle down to actually do the kind of writing I love.

Congrats on the wordage, Cassiopeia.:Clap:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well.

My folks live three blocks away from where Boston was bombed.

My stepdaughter was up the road watching the race when it happened.

They are all three fine.

I am pretty shaken myself, and I feel like I shouldn't be, because nobody I know was hurt. All my people are OK. But still.

I am lucky. I am also sad for those who are not so lucky today.

And that's about all I can process right now.

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Gosh, Liz -- glad everyone in your family is okay. But how awful to have them be so close to where the bombs exploded. Take care of yourself.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs, liz. As a fellow Bostonian I know how you feel. Luckily my folks are okay, too. Take care of yourself.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Liz good to read that you are OK and that your family is as well. As for feeling shaken I think that is a perfectly normal reaction to an extreme act. Hugs

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone. I am so grateful for the Internet. Not to mention everything else I have.

The older I get, the more this kind of thing makes me want to be nicer to people. Not just because you never know what tomorrow brings, but because it's the only way I know how to shake off anger and hate.

And selfishly, I want to sit down and write everything I've ever thought of writing, and do it today. I never have been any good at doing one thing at a time. :)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad to hear you, and your family are okay, Liz.:Hug2:

Such a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:Liz.

Glad to hear you and your family is safe.

Still can't get my head around those horrible scenes yesterday. It does make you think. Over the last year people have went to see a movie and got shot. Kids have went to school and got shot. Familles go to run/watch a marathon and get bombed.

But it would be unfair to say that the world is an evil place. Sure there is that very small number of people that would want to cause such horror but there is an even greater number of people that unite in such a way it is inspiring.

The good will always outweigh the evil - no matter how hard the evil will try.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
But it would be unfair to say that the world is an evil place. Sure there is that very small number of people that would want to cause such horror but there is an even greater number of people that unite in such a way it is inspiring.

The good will always outweigh the evil - no matter how hard the evil will try.

I agree with you. As hard as it is to believe sometimes, I don't think the human race would have survived this long if it weren't true. We know too many ways to hurt each other, and ourselves.

I have seen some incredible kindnesses in my life. I've been the recipient of some of them. I've tried to perform a few myself. I think that's really all we can do.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad your family is okay Liz. How terrifying. I try to avoid watching the news and listening to what the media have to say about things, they focus so much on the negative and make us scared to leave our houses.

We're back from our little holiday, we had an abolute blast. Riding bikes, swimming at the beach, playing in the park. Eating out every single meal. It was great. The most tyring thing we did was ride from one end of the island to hte other.
My mum had this great idea that we should go see the seals at the other end of the island. So we packed a picnic lunch and set off on this ride, 5 minutes later after cycling up our first hill my Mum said 'I dont think this was a good idea'. 2 hours later - with the sorest backside ever - we were at our destination, only to find that the seals werent there. We had another 2 hours to get back to our cabin and I tell you what. If I never ride a bike again, it'll be too soon. The round trip was 22km of very hilly terrain.

It was a great holiday. photos are on my Mum's camcera, so once we get them off I'll post some.

We left Rottnest and went straight to Ronald McDonald House for Blake to have another MRI yesterday nad a Lumber Puncture, this is the begining of the tests for his treatment.
We have an appoointment with hte Doctor on Friday to discuss results adn what will be happening and when we start. I'm a little nervous. I feel like burrying my head in hte sand and pretending it's all a dream.

I really dont want to do this again. But we will.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad it was a good vacation, French! And blessings and prayers for the process you're about to go through. (((hugs)))

Is your dog with you? Or is she staying with a friend while you're gone?