God Bless America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takvah

Not a D list ego massager...
Registered
Reaction score
Don't feed this machine Jimmy. Just walk away. This isn't an exchange of ideas... it's a witch hunt.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Don't feed this machine Jimmy. Just walk away. This isn't an exchange of ideas... it's a witch hunt.

No...Go on. Tell us your views some more. It's a revelation, really. And Takvah, I've got a real good take on where you're comming from, what with your *funny* Obama picture. Yep...it's pretty darn easy to read between the lines. <g>

Takvah

Registered
Reaction score
Elaine... kindly jump in a lake. You are exactly what I am talking about. I have made over 1000 posts never once uttering a racial slur... and I get painted with a brush over a stupid image that illustrates Obama is a weed smoking, political neophyte. Celina, Elaine illustrated my point, I think it should be apparent... and Jimmy, likewise... should still move along. This is race baiting... and it's bullshit.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
Elaine... kindly jump in a lake. You are exactly what I am talking about. I have made over 1000 posts never once uttering a racial slur... and I get painted with a brush over a stupid image that illustrates Obama is a weed smoking, political neophyte. Celina, Elaine illustrated my point, I think it should be apparent... and Jimmy, likewise... should still move along. This is race baiting... and it's bullshit.

I'm actually taking issue with the fact that Jimmy more or less challenged Maestro to a fight. An immature and foolish threat that has no place in these discussions.

By Jimmy
What I think about racism? Why would you want to hear what I have to say, Maestro?

You want to make it personal? I can do that.

You started it, and now you can follow through before I finish it, big boy.

And that, my friend, is a threat.

Takvah

Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually taking issue with the fact that Jimmy more or less challenged Maestro to a fight. An immature and foolish threat that has no place in these discussions.

And that, my friend, is a threat.

So then report it. Don't feed it. Talk about immature.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Takvah...

*sigh*

You're right. It is bullshit. The comment you just got was particularly so. Everyone should be accountable for what they say. But there's a big difference from getting a google image with an offensive website title on the bottom and stating that anyone who would yell the 'n' word at a political rally was a plant of the African-American candidate.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
No...Go on. Tell us your views some more. It's a revelation, really. And Takvah, I've got a real good take on where you're comming from, what with your *funny* Obama picture. Yep...it's pretty darn easy to read between the lines. <g>

The Obama picture with "ShavedApe.com" on it seems to be a point of concern here since everyone is assuming shavedape is referring to Obama in a racial way. Well, do a little research and take a look at the site. The blogger calls himself The Shaved Ape. Not Obama. Please people.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
The Obama picture with "ShavedApe.com" on it seems to be a point of concern here since everyone is assuming shavedape is referring to Obama in a racial way. Well, do a little research and take a look at the site. The blogger calls himself The Shaved Ape. Not Obama. Please people.

Here, here.

Takvah already explained his mistake, and it's pointless too keep badgering him about it.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Once again, the ignore button is your friend. I've been much happier since I used it. I'm about to use it again. Not because I don't want to hear another point of view, but because that person's POV has recently become so distorted and ridiculous (my opinion ONLY) that it's just not even worth getting upset over.

I'm enjoying the other points of view, just not those that are purposely baiting.

Takvah

Registered
Reaction score
This thread has become a nasty hornets nest of nonsense. It should be locked and thrown down a hole. I won't be responding anymore, I just think people should treat it like the toxic waste dump that it is and move along.

Knock yourselves out.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
This thread has become a nasty hornets nest of nonsense. It should be locked and thrown down a hole. I won't be responding anymore, I just think people should treat it like the toxic waste dump that it is and move along.

Knock yourselves out.
Perhaps instead of locking a thread that went in a lot of directions, some of which were informative and interesting, we could all simply drop this particular issue.

Those who despair of toxic threads should try not to contribute to the toxicity, imo. It's not that difficult to call bullshit on something one believes is out of line in a manner that does not add to the fire.

That goes for everyone.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I remember a rally a while back...I'll find a link here in a second...where Obama had a rowdy group of young black men in the audience. These guys were pressing Obama to "stand up" for black Americans.

Obama calmly allowed them to say their piece and then said (and this is from memory - google hasn't provided the link yet) "There is not a black America and a white America...there is a United States of America." He went on to say that if they didn't like that, they shouldn't vote for him.

Several times - including once that I witnessed personally - Obama has stopped speaking and directly addressed the crowd. Sometimes, he asks them to stop incendiary remarks; other times he addresses their concerns.

Okay, just found a link. It's a blog, so I can't vouche for the opinion content, but it has two Youtube links of the instance I'm refering to. My computer's slow, though, I'm left assuming the links actually show what the blogger says they show - the encounter between Obama and the rather upset young men. http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/2008/08/obama-heckled-what-about-the-black-community/

It bothers me that Palin didn't address what was being said at her rally, and in fact, she kept on smiling and kept on building the tension. Were her remarks intended to bring on such a reaction? We can't be sure, but we can hope not. But even if you assume that that wasn't the intent, she damn sure could have said something when things swung in that rather ugly direction.

On a seperate note, we apparently have some pretty strong feelings about people yelling things like "terrorist" and "n*gg*r" - and rightfully so, IMO. We disagree at how much blame can be placed on Palin for the things that happened at her rally, but that doesn't make the people on either side of that issue rascist.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
"There is not a black America and a white America...there is a United States of America." He went on to say that if they didn't like that, they shouldn't vote for him.

Several times - including once that I witnessed personally - Obama has stopped speaking and directly addressed the crowd. Sometimes, he asks them to stop incendiary remarks; other times he addresses their concerns.

That is the major diference between the candidates. One will stand up for the Constitution and the United States and what they stand for, and the other fans (Or allows if you like) the flames of hate, prejudice and race. Pick the kind of America you want to live in carefully.

Richard

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if we're not calling each other rascist, that's enough for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.