Blog launch & YA book contest!

Feathers

emerging from the writing cave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.headdeskforwriters.blogspot.com
EDIT: Blog and contest is live! You can check it out here. I'm giving away 9 recently published/highly buzzed YA books, including The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, etc. The contest ends THIS THURSDAY (Feb the 7th) so keep that in mind. Also I'm posting excerpts from my writing, and an entire short story, in the remaining days. So there's that too. Yays!

Okay. In an effort not to babble about how excited I am to launch my new blog (because ahh! the excitement!) I am going to try and keep this simple.

1) Tomorrow at midnight (Thursday Jan 31st) I am going to be launching my brand new blog, TheFirstReader.wordpress.com. I've blogged here for almost five years, which is why I'm so pumped to be on a new platform.

2) To celebrate the blog launch I am going to be hosting an epic book contest. Details will be on the new blog, but essentially, there will be 9 YA books up for grabs, including stuff by Alexandra Bracken and Laini Taylor, with multiple prize packs. Early details are here.

3) There will also be an embarrassing vlog involved about stupid things I do in public. *cough*

4) I hope you guys will come help me celebrate! There's been a ton of awesome people on AW who have helped me with my WIP and critiqued my stuff and people I've just connected with, so I would love if some of you poked your heads over and showed some support.

That's it! Thanks guys!

Last edited: