Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Progress-schmogress!

Although I had to resize the display to suit me, I like the larger display and the different font we've got here today. I can read it much more easily even when I reduce it to the same size as usual. I wonder how much I'd have to donate to make that aspect stick?

Maryn, willing to give everyone else headaches

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
oh grrr I LOVE your avatar. Maryn's is cool too. I still have my christmas one, maybe I should change it.
I like the new House... we should make this permanent.

And I like the new AW colors and fonts... I know it's April's Fool.. but we should keep it.

I agree. I dig the fonts, colors, new thread titles, new avatars. Very cool.

Maryn, that steampunk avatar is gorgeous. Love it.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And back to normalcy, or what passes for normal at AW.

Fairly busy weekend planned, with not much writing. A neophyte writer has expressed her eagerness for me to finish her first-ever critique, and because she's new I'm having to be really careful how I phrase things so she doesn't get discouraged.

I also have dreams of cleaning this dump a little. Hey, it could happen!'

We're going to the theatre tomorrow night to see the last play in the August Wilson cycle, which they've done over a ten-year period. It's been pretty interesting, but I'm saddened the audience has so few black faces for these performances which reflect the black experience in the US.

Maryn, who likes theatre

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to murder a thread, huh? Morning, all.

Maryn, sipping the last of the coffee

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to murder a thread, huh? Morning, all.

Maryn, sipping the last of the coffee

threadkiller2.jpg

They arrested me last week for the same thing. lol.

I think I'll order some pizza for us this evening, now that I'm out on bond.

3pizzas.jpg

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it okay to gloat here? I scolded Jam3s A R!tch!e in that second-novel thread on the Novels board, and I got some rep-point support from people who wanted to thank me for saying what I said before the post was deleted. I think it'll stand, though, since two of the reppies were from mods.

So instead of fretting over whether I'd gotten myself into trouble, I'm feeling a bit smug instead.

Maryn, all smuggly-wuggly-woo

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ben.

What's up today? Here we've got the first day of warmth. Well, that's an exaggeration. Not-coldth is more accurate. It's about 53F, which means I'm seeing people in shorts and T-shirts. Tomorrow, though, snow flurries.

I should be tidying up the garden, but the mess will still be there whenever I get around to it, right?

Maryn, pretty sure about that

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Today we raced a storm home from my father's house. I hastily set out some wild violets I rescued from their former place where my sister set out some trees. It was a poor job of planting because I was trying to get them in the ground before the storm got there. Well, it was at least more of a chance than they'd have had if I hadn't brought them here.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you were little, did you ever play Hot Lava and try to navigate your house without stepping on the floor? We sure did. As the youngest, I was sometimes sacrificed for the survival of the others, who would step on me until I melted.

Maryn, who seems to have survived, against all odds

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all! I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was good, if a little busy. We had a friend getting married on Saturday, so we had a lot of weekend festivities to go with it. The weekend was beautiful, though. mid 60s and sunny. Today's in the 50s, but it's pouring rain. Which I'm ok with because it's no snow.

Maryn, I happened to see the post you referred to upthread, and I have to admit that I was doing quite a bit of cheering you on. :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you.

Apparently a number of members and mods are not happy about the way that individual interacts with others here, especially new arrivals.

Maryn, bidding everyone good morning

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We were also big fans of upside-down house, in which we imagined gravity reversed for ourselves but not for the contents of the house, so we walked around on the bare ceilings, stepped over the doorways and light fixtures, and had to watch not to hit our heads on the wing chairs.

Which is still fun, BTW.

Maryn, who lets her head loll off the bed on occasion

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! The upside-down house...my brother and I did the same thing as kids. (we also built forts from time to time and prentended we were sleeping outside under the stars at night...I guess we were too scared to actually do that in our back yard...lol)

Ah, memories. I miss being a kid.

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hi all. yay for Maryn! I missed it but I am sure it was good.
Should I say it was 80 this weekend and 60 and sunny today? The price though is bad weather. Storms! Tornado watches! Straight Line Winds! Trees Down!

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. Maryn, I wanted to let you know that today is National Caramel Popcorn Day - you should celebrate accordingly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.