The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
{{{{June}}}}}!!! That sucks. I'm so sorry. It's so amazing and wonderful that you got that far, but I'm sure that's cold comfort at the moment. Yay for having another book to shop, though! Good luck!! Sounds like you're writing is really catching peoples' eyes, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
((June)) for keeping a positive attitude (and being entitled to a pity party)

((Vandal)) for having balls. Great big giant balls.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((June)))

CRAP! I'm so sorry, girl. That's just not right. Not fair.

I'm glad you have another ms ready to go. Fingers crossed that's The One and your current sub sells right after.

*Hugs*

:Hug2:

joeyc

Registered
Reaction score
After a long break, I just got my first post-query hell rejection. So, here we go again. Sorry to hear about everyone else's agent issues. Hang in there.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((June))) I'm so sorry. I had my hopes up for you. The so close passes sting the worst, but here's hoping the UF will succeed.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
((June)). That absolutely sucks :(

And ((Vandal)), too. I'm sorry you had to part ways with your agent, but good on you for having the courage to do so.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Damn it, June. I'm so sorry! A million hugs. That sucks to get so close, but like others have said, the fact that you did get so close is a sign that your writing and your book is good. Good luck with the next book and again {{{hugs}}}.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((June))) I'm so sorry marketing tipped this the wrong way. You will get there -- your agent has faith in you, and so do I.

Kendare Blake

Committed lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kendareblake.com
June that bites. That really, really bites. But the book is obviously great. Someone will get the backing they need eventually. And your agent sounds like a real asset. Good luck with the UF!

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Another R today. *finally!*

Another "great voice, great writing, liked just didn't love"

Agent loves these though, cause its not my writing, its just an overly saturated faery market. We just need the right editor to see it! :)

Oh and agent has new book to look over. Fingers crossed it will be good! (And she is loving the one I'm writing now. A contemp *gulp*

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
{June} I'm so sorry to hear that. On the plus side *don't hit me for trying to be optimistic!" if it got that far and an ed at a major house loved it that much you've got hot property on your hands IMO. It's not your book, it's this miserable market. But with that said, no way is your book not going to sell, there's a sale waiting in the wings for you, I'm sure of it!

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
June, I just now saw your post, as I was stuck at the day job until now. Man, that really, really sucks. :Hug2:

I'm so sorry that the answer was the wrong answer. Someday they'll know what a mistake they've just made. Give yourself a little time to grieve, but then pick your hopes back up off the floor, because it sounds like you're going to have a good fall with the UF!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here's my short-term submission plan for Lizzie:

I found several requests for partials and fulls that came in after I had accepted representation. I've emailed these agents and asked if they are still interested. If any say yes, I'll give them the "manuscript has been in submission and I just parted ways with agent" story to see if it scares 'em off.

Meanwhile, ex-agent still has not acknowledged aforementioned termination notice.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here's my short-term submission plan for Lizzie:

I found several requests for partials and fulls that came in after I had accepted representation. I've emailed these agents and asked if they are still interested. If any say yes, I'll give them the "manuscript has been in submission and I just parted ways with agent" story to see if it scares 'em off.

Meanwhile, ex-agent still has not acknowledged aforementioned termination notice.

Sounds like a plan, Vandal. Good luck!!

If you don't get response very soon from your former agent, send a copy by certified US mail, return receipt requested, so that you have a record of delivery.

~suki

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Vandal: PERFECT sub strategy! That's why I saved my offering agents in a special file with their comments.

June: I HATE MARKETING AND BEAN COUNTERS! Tweny years ago they had little direct control over senior editing status/decisions--they were advisors, a sub-set of number crunchers who researched demographics. Now they assume, as a group, more potential power than they deserve, and usually get away with it.

Put that book back in the dugout, bring up the next one on deck.

Tri

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Sorry, I'm late getting back in here to thank u guys for all your hugs and words of encouragement. It's a crazy week for me with revival aka church morning and night kinda thing. I cooked for thirty people yesterday....cleaning my house was the worst of it, lol. So, it's kinda helped with occupying my mind....and then other ways not so much!!!

The truly ironic thing is I queried TG, my YAUF for nine months....I still had fulls and partials out on in when I got my offers for DHtP. It's been through 90 gazillion rewrites, pov changes, etc. It was the first YA I ever wrote, so it has a very special place in my heart. And God, if I didn't love the characters and story, I would've torched the damn thing a long time ago.

And like a lot of you said, Awesome Agent thinks it might take TG for DHtP, which is fine with me. At this point, a sale is a sale!!!

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
June, you just can't give up. As wretchedly down as you feel right now, there will be an amazing high one day soon. I promise. :)

OMG!!!! Can I just say how absolutely piss my pants exciting it is to see your signature!!! I'm soooooo proud and happy for you girlie!!!

:Clap::PartySmil:TheWave::PartySmil

Status
Not open for further replies.