Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, feeling better this morning. Well, "better". I've already called my Xbox a laptop twice. =^_^= Best of wishes to everyone else who's under the weather or feeling down in any way!

I need to get me some minecraft. It looks like the sims but with monsters attacking you every night.

I never quite understood the appeal of Minecraft... *hides X3*

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
*noms on rice and arribata sauce*

I think it's a similar appeal to the sims - the fact that you can create almost anything. Although, I dare say I'd get bored of it eventually, but there's this awesome youtube channel that does a role playing game using minecraft, and that's quite cool

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I MULTI-QUOTE THEREFORE I AM

First, magical healing :Hug2: to Fen, TJ & Stanley. Tis the season o the sniffles.

(Also, hello forum)

:welcome:

Oh, and I would so win that game. I don't do it as much any more, but I used to sit in front of the telly with a jar of vegemite and just lick the stuff off the spoon. My brother always looked mildly horrified :evil

I do that with peanut butter. And some times and put chocolate syrup on the spoon as well. Yummy!

Drinks would be fabulous. Today's work seems to be progressing at a pace a snail would lean over to his companion and whisper 'He's a bit slow...'

:roll:

It was two days after my car accident, when I went to my regular doctor, that anyone bothered to check if I had a concussion. So not the paramedics who dragged disoriented and loopy-as-all-hell me to the hospital, not anyone in the emergency room, not even after I told one of the nurses that the entire left side of my body had just spent about 30 seconds twitching and shaking uncontrollably, and everyone knew I'd been hit in the head in the collision. It was the headache that got my doc's attention, and it took another 10 1/2 months for that one headache to finally break, and I'm still dealing with short-term and physical memory disruption.

This is what I call a lawsuit. Maybe that's just me. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
And Good Morning Friends!

Today will be a productive day. I will clean and write and be all around awesome. :) And so will y'all. Because I have magic fairy dust :e2fairy: and I'm willing to share. :D

*sprinkles fairy dust over Cantina*

Now go forth and be productive. Except for you sickies, you stay in bed in rest, if you can.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Morning Kricket.

Hey, I can legitmately say that, cool :D Simple pleasures peeps, simple pleasures.

Anyway, I now remember why I don't eat this late at night. My body is good at ignoring the fact that it hasn't eaten since 6pm until the moment I give it food. Then it's all "give me moooaaar"

ETA: I didn't take much convincing.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Well, despite being MIA from the Cantina all weekend I got zero work done on the WIP. I will make myself get back to the daily word count goals this week. I will. Starting tonight.

I did have query progress* and got crits done for both CPs this weekend. However, probably the best part was writing a dirty, but tongue-in-cheek (words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence?) post for the romance blog.

*Sekrit, very promising progress. Hope to have something to share soon.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi All!

Welcome Cramp! Pull up a chair.

Oof. Having a hard time waking up. I took two Benedryl last night to sleep and they worked, but now I'm haaaazy.

I did do 90-something out of 230 pages of revisions this weekend and added 1100 words so far. It's good, but ugh, I have to have the edits back to my editor on Friday.

I brought my laptop so I can work on edits during lunch. The cafeteria here is huge, or I might take a seat outside, since the weather is fantastic.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Gooooood afternoon Cantina. Vaguely productive day is a go. I went down to the bank to cash in some cheques - unfortunately, I somehow managed to time my fifteen minute trip for the exact fifteen minutes it decided to rain heavily. Sigh.

Although I am making a bit of progress with my short story.

Does anyone else really struggle to write shorts?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I did do 90-something out of 230 pages of revisions this weekend and added 1100 words so far. It's good, but ugh, I have to have the edits back to my editor on Friday.

I brought my laptop so I can work on edits during lunch. The cafeteria here is huge, or I might take a seat outside, since the weather is fantastic.

That's great progress, Gina.

Then again, Friday feels far away to those of us not on deadline.

Yes. OMG. Yes. I'm trying to write one now. I think I psych myself out worrying about not being concise enough that I won't let words flow. I start thinking about what would need to be cut before I've even written the damn thing.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. I'm not feeling too sick and I have managed Not to sneeze-explode on anything. That's when you sneeze so hard your sinuses evert.

I just had my curry that I cooked yesterday. I sampled it last night but it was sooo good today. The curry is still dancing around my taste buds and throat. Bliss.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Nope, I love shorts. As long as we are including novellaettes, heh.

The key to shorts is to find an emotion and then build a snippet around it. A scene or three and you're done. Just dip in and get out.

Until you end at 7k and everyone in SYW says it looks and reads more like a novel. Oops.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Yes. I tend to write long, so it's hard to condense my thoughts down and pick just the bit of the tale that would make good short story.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I did have query progress* and got crits done for both CPs this weekend. However, probably the best part was writing a dirty, but tongue-in-cheek (words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence?) post for the romance blog.

*Sekrit, very promising progress. Hope to have something to share soon.

Oooh. I'm all excited now. Good things be happening in the Cantina lately :D

Gooooood afternoon Cantina. Vaguely productive day is a go. I went down to the bank to cash in some cheques - unfortunately, I somehow managed to time my fifteen minute trip for the exact fifteen minutes it decided to rain heavily. Sigh.

Yep. I generally find it really hard to do anything under 10000 words.

Hello folks. I'm not feeling too sick and I have managed Not to sneeze-explode on anything. That's when you sneeze so hard your sinuses evert.

I just had my curry that I cooked yesterday. I sampled it last night but it was sooo good today. The curry is still dancing around my taste buds and throat. Bliss.

And yay for getting better :)

I should probably go to bed, but I'm really not tired...

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

:snoopy: for editing and words and being productive and stuff. :D

I do. I always find a way to expand it and make it a novel size idea. That or the story is just really boring.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
MMMM Curry! *rousts himself to go looking for some*

Thanks for the healing dust Kricket! I feel better already.

So fall has officially happened in the low lands of good ole WV today. The temp was really cool this morning. Just right during the day. I have on my jersey as the Baltimore Ravens play tonight in their season opener. It will be a good day in spite of my scratchy throw, sneezing, mild headache, and having to go to work. Yay for hot tea and Dayquil. Now what to do for the next 30 minutes... hmmm... OH OH OH I can go play my violin since the wifey is in class! YAY!

ETA: More YAYs for editing and general good things happening with peoples writing. However, I must post boos for the firetruck I hear coming up the lane, never a good thing.

Last edited:

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, there's that tiredness.

Night people. See you.. well, later in the morning.

Sleep tight, Sian!

Yay for all the new words and edits happening!

I get to go home, soon. Yaaaay! \o/

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
We are on round two of watching How To Train Your Dragon this morning. I don't mind. I can watch Dragons all day.

But soon we shall take a walk to the park.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
We are on round two of watching How To Train Your Dragon this morning. I don't mind. I can watch Dragons all day.

But soon we shall take a walk to the park.

Cawtoon Network has picked up it up as an on going series called The Riders of Berk. Its almost as cute as the movie.

ION: Violin practice went ok. Off to work now. Have a wonderful day everyone.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm finally getting around writing an alternative opening for my Art Deco-ish political drama. I only write like two paragraphs a day, but two paragraphs is better than none.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all!

The weather gods here are being cantankerous. I keep trying to read by natural light (and thereby save on my electric bill) but they keep turning the sun off! :cry:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. OMG. Yes. I'm trying to write one now. I think I psych myself out worrying about not being concise enough that I won't let words flow. I start thinking about what would need to be cut before I've even written the damn thing.

Yes. I tend to write long, so it's hard to condense my thoughts down and pick just the bit of the tale that would make good short story.

Yep. I generally find it really hard to do anything under 10000 words.

I do. I always find a way to expand it and make it a novel size idea. That or the story is just really boring.
Okay, I'm glad it's not just me that has this problem! I always struggle to think of ideas for short stories, and then I worry that my shorts don't have enough plot or conflict and and and...

The key to shorts is to find an emotion and then build a snippet around it. A scene or three and you're done. Just dip in and get out.
This sounds like good advice. I think I make my shorts too complex and try to cram a lot of stuff in there.

I'm finally getting around writing an alternative opening for my Art Deco-ish political drama. I only write like two paragraphs a day, but two paragraphs is better than none.
That's the spirit, Max!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Cawtoon Network has picked up it up as an on going series called The Riders of Berk. Its almost as cute as the movie.

Yes, I've heard that. I need to check if we get that channel.

Every little bit counts! :snoopy:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
So it's hard to take a walk with the kids when every stroller we own is currently in the back of the car which is currently sitting in Mr. K's office parking lot. Guess we'll have to wait until he comes home for lunch and not go out until after nap time.

Until then, I clean. Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.