Ask for suggestion

quill10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi There,

Could any editor or writer suggest me any excellent books about how to edit fiction manuscripts?

Thanks so much,

quill10

quill10

Registered
Reaction score
Thank both of you for your suggestion, though it took me a year or so to see it.:)

LindsayM

Registered
Reaction score
Writer's Digest has a great series of books on self-editing (if you're still looking a year later!).

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
i also like "self Editing" but honestly, at least for me, you'll learn more subbing your work here a couple times, critting other people's work, and generally participating. Books are one pov, once through, where the forum is a living, breathing thing.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i also like "self Editing" but honestly, at least for me, you'll learn more subbing your work here a couple times, critting other people's work, and generally participating. Books are one pov, once through, where the forum is a living, breathing thing.
This is true for me as well. I have had any number of books on editing manuscripts, getting them ready to submit and so on. Between working in journalism, submitting work to agents/publishers, working with beta readers and peers, and just plain experience, I've learned far more than any book will tell you.

Of course, I still screw it up regularly. :)

Jeff

Interrobang

Registered
Reaction score
Having read a few books on editing I'd say Browne and King's is the most useful (and the only one I've kept).