I Need to Apologize..........

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I'm sorry I abandoned my post as PL.....I had good intentions to do my part to stir up a little excitement here at the poetry forums. Then, I bailed. That was rude and that's why I'm apologizing.

I'm trying to help my elderly parents with alot of health issues and I'm trying to learn the whole hospital/patient/medicare/care facility tango. It's exhausting and quite a challenge. I don't see how elderly people who don't have family can do it, it's so overwhelming and there seems to be someone always failing to do their job or communicate. Plus, my mom has a very difficult personality.

Not whining. Just being honest. I "hit my wall" and just shut down.
I'm doing better and intend to spend the next few days picking up where I left off.

So.....if anyone would like to take this opportunity.....I think we all, as writers, find it challenging to balance our immediate life experiences with our desire to flow in our creative juices. If you feel inclined......I think it would be a good thing to share just what it is that is our major obstacle to stay committed to our writing.

I just read a blurp about a man that is a quadraplegic and he broke a record for speed typing. I always get so inspired to read of others challenges that, because of their committment to their goals, they do whatever it takes to succeed.

So, anyone want to share their techniques for that life you work out between external demands and internal dreams?

(PS: Again, I apologize and hope to get 'back in the saddle" this week.)

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
You have my sympathy, kid.

Lemme tell you something true. When our own lives start winding down, us old ones are reassured whenever we see the young ones carrying on. Not a thing matters more to me than having reason to believe the world I've been carrying and caring about will not be forgotten when I'm gone. I'm very serious about this. There's not one other thing that matters more.

Can you see what I'm leading up to? Dropping out of your own life is not only a disservice to yourself but to others around you, whatever their stage in life. Until our last breath, we're always ready to receive whatever another gives to the world we've inhabited.

Deleted member 42

You know, you are allowed, nay, even encouraged, to have a life.

You've got plenty on your plate, it seems to me.

I'll be thinking Good Thoughts in your direction.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Thank you for the encouragement, LaceWing and Medievalist.

Sometimes, you do have to make decisions and, sometimes, those decisions might not be the decisions you want to make.

It's life. It's okay. And, it's okay to say you're tired, frustrated, mad, sad, dissapointed. Then, it's time to swing back the other way and get determined, proactive, hopeful, encouraged, and satisfied. That's what emmotions are for, to express how we feel.

I'm just saying, I've learned alot, even with the 'shut down'. My friend in Mississippi just happens to be going through pretty much the same thing with her parents. Her mother has full blown dementia and her 89 year old dad has his share of care needs, and he's at home.

Again, thanks for the encouragement!

I think the event of getting stuck in the negative is more apt to happen when you make the mistake of trying to do everything yourself without communicating to others. Just 'airing' ones thoughts and feelings to a trusted other helps, alot. I got into such negative thinking that I didn't want to do anything except eat sweets and watch tv. Yuck! That was not a good plan. Now, I'm eating much healthier, being more honest about how things are going and have mentally begun to shake off the heaviness I felt like I was under. Coming back to the forums, for me, is part of my 'getting out', especially now that I'm snowed in! :)