The New Yorker: Shouts and Murmurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedwasabi

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Has anyone sent a piece to Shouts and Murmurs before? What are the responste times generally? I emailed mine some time ago and still haven't heard back.

Do they usually let you know if they are going to pass, or do I assume the piece has been rejected?

I'm interested in hearing everyone's experiences with this market.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I find The New Yorker to be one of the more polite responders out there. They normally take their full response time, sometimes a little more. I have never subbed without getting some kind of response back.

So far, I've only gotten rejections, but, IMHO, better to be rejected by the best, first, than to find out they would have loved to run your piece after you sold it elsewhere.

Good luck -- keeping fingers crossed that your answer will be a 'yes'!

friedwasabi

Registered
Reaction score
I find The New Yorker to be one of the more polite responders out there. They normally take their full response time, sometimes a little more. I have never subbed without getting some kind of response back.

So far, I've only gotten rejections, but, IMHO, better to be rejected by the best, first, than to find out they would have loved to run your piece after you sold it elsewhere.

Good luck -- keeping fingers crossed that your answer will be a 'yes'!

I hope so :)

What is their full response time, by the way? I'm assuming email is different from postal.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Don't have it in front of me, it's listed on their submissions page. I believe they want all subs in email format, so if you didn't sub that way, that could be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.