Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
You mean cynicism and poor personal hygiene? ;)

HEY! :)tongue)

At least it is better than Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century...

Dewd, I watched that! I agree that it was terribad but I had to point that out anyway.

Find us a young priest and an old priest! :D

Sounds like the leadup to a joke. Something like, "So a young priest, an old priest and a zombie rabbi walk into a bar..."

Crap. I turn 47 in just three months.

Hey, it's better than the alternative ain't it?

I took a huge slice out of my leg while shaving today. Apparently me and razors are not a good combination. :e2beat:

And yet another reason why the societal obligation for women to shave their legs is a patriarchal piece of crap and should be abolished.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
:Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang:

Trying to organise dozens of audio drams on iTunes is proving to be very irritating. I want them all there, but the damn things just take up too much space. Just don't know how else to deal with them...

:Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang: :Headbang:

Why is everything do difficult, you guys?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Agh, the only thing more annoying than my dad being difficult is my dad being difficult in my email inbox via his phone. Complete with U instead of "you" and 1-sentence responses.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Er...something you're not telling us, BigWords? :D

I think he's playing dress up for Abby.

I am so predictable...

Abby likes a man in uniform, and I could hardly put up a pic of me in a k-word. And Rule Of Funny is in full force. :D

I have five pages to backread again. Dang.

:roll: Is that all?

Dewd, I watched that! I agree that it was terribad but I had to point that out anyway.

I was trying to think of the worst adaptation, but I couldn't bring myself to slam the Basil Rathbone adaptations, no matter how much long-term damage they did to Watson's character...

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* You know, at this point I honestly feel like it must be impossible for my brain to come up with any story if there is no gay romance in it. What the hell is wrong with me that I need to add rampant homosexuality to every damn thing I write?

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Mate, you're not the only one, and I don't even have a logical excuse.
I guess I do. But I'd always been under the weird impression that when it comes to writing it's somehow more acceptable for women to write lots of gay romance than it is for men of any persuasion.

That's why a large percentage of gay romance books I've seen are written by ladies... admittedly it's an unanswerable question how many of those 'ladies' aren't actually just gay dudes using female nome de plumes, but the point seems to stand.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The Before Bed Multi-Quote

Hyperactive border collies are a menace. I am now missing half a toe nail and have had to put my education to practical use on myself.

Not the start to the morning I was hoping for.
Ouch! Ripping off a toe/finger nail is no fun. :Hug2:

Hello Cantina.
Howdy Ace!

And yet another reason why the societal obligation for women to shave their legs is a patriarchal piece of crap and should be abolished.
If I was blonde, I probably wouldn't do it so frequently. Unfortunately I'd look like a gorilla if I stopped. I'm sure everyone wanted to know that.

New resolution: Only allow myself to change avatars on the first of every month.
Why? Variety is the spice of life. :D

On that, Cantina, I'm off to bed. Goodnight everyone!

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish there was a social obligation for men to shave their legs. *pokes at legs* I hate this stuff.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
To make you feel a bit better about the avatars Lily, know that your current avatar is the first time I've been confronted with visual lesbianism that I didn't feel the need to look away from. Which is... some kind of achievement, I guess. :D

That's pretty much all I've got to say about the subject.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* You know, at this point I honestly feel like it must be impossible for my brain to come up with any story if there is no gay romance in it. What the hell is wrong with me that I need to add rampant homosexuality to every damn thing I write?

you're a romantic homosexual?

I'm not seeing a problem here. Over many years of reading and writing, I've noticed that writers find themes that they keep coming back to, over and over. I don't even think they always know they're doing it. Like Robert Heinlein's obsession with redheads and naturism. Or Card's LDS subthemes in his stories.

If writing a gay romance into all your stories feels natural, then write away, sweetie. Nobody's going to fault you for finding what revs your engine.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's a testament to whatever willpower I have that it's still up. And now that I've come across something just as cute (in the "chibi~!" sense, not the "romantic" cute), I'm filled with that familiar desire.

A year ago, I was probably switching avatars on other sites daily. Maybe I need to form an Avatars Anonymous club? :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Over many years of reading and writing, I've noticed that writers find themes that they keep coming back to, over and over.

:eek:

I... may need to very carefully edit out several hundred thousand words before handing off the novellas or the big WIPs to my betas.

For the record, the running tally of things which appear throughout mostly everything I have written: feet, and references to feet; refusal to use guns when screwing with people's minds is an option; using drugs; diabolical science experiments; references to literature; pop culture; characters licking things; rain; washing of hands; numbers as magic...

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I recently found some incredibly romantically cute chibi-style images and was considering making one my avatar... until someone pointed out that the two characters involved are actually cartoons of two members of One Direction. And I refuse to be publicly associated with that group in any way.

The private shame-filled readings of fanfiction don't count.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

I... may need to very carefully edit out several hundred thousand words before handing off the novellas or the big WIPs to my betas.

For the record, the running tally of things which appear throughout mostly everything I have written: feet, and references to feet; refusal to use guns when screwing with people's minds is an option; using drugs; diabolical science experiments; references to literature; pop culture; characters licking things; rain; washing of hands; numbers as magic...

If it's any consolation, I have themes that I keep coming back to, as well, primarily religion and teachers. And I have a fixation on petite girls and men with English accents.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

*resisting urge to mention a certain Alistair quote*

*urge is very hard to resist*

Just about every story I've written has had lesbian characters in it, usually including the protagonist. Why? Just feel like it, really. My current story even has an order of lesbians (but that's quite a long story, really).

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
If writing a gay romance into all your stories feels natural, then write away, sweetie. Nobody's going to fault you for finding what revs your engine.
The main thing I'm worried about with writing homosexuality and man-on-man romance into everything is that if one of said things gets published, I'll have to deal with rampant homophobes. And at this point in my life I'm really sick of dealing with them. I used to find it fun to bicker with them, but the novelty is long gone now.

nd I have a fixation on ... men with English accents.
Well, who doesn't? Seriously, Americans loving people with English accents seems to be frightfully common. Another reason I need to visit and/or move to America. The accent gets me no play here at all, because everyone has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.