Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themacaw.wordpress.com
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but...
Are there any websites where you write an article, and you immediately get paid. Not paid per views or anything like that. Say for example you publish an article, and you get paid £10. Any websites like that?

Thanks.

Deleted member 42

Demand Studios can be like that, but they're somewhat constrained in terms of what they want and how they want it.

Sparklederp

Registered
Reaction score
The Content Authority and Interact Media are ones I've worked with, but no longer do.

TCA doesn't pay well, but they protect their authors well. I used to make a sparse living there, but it took 25-50 articles per week depending on what tier I was writing from. They pay regularly on Mondays, as long as you have over $25 in accumulated earnings for that pay period.

Interact Media allows clients to reject content for any reason, even if it's sound and follows instructions, so I've stayed away from them after the initial few articles I wrote. They pay every 2 weeks, minimum $20 payout.

Good luck. Content mills are difficult to make money at, but the time I spent working with them did help me build my portfolio and research skills, so I'm grateful for that.

Edit: I just noticed you're in England. Both pay out in USD and use PayPal. I'm not sure whether they use non-US writers or not, but I imagine it would be easy to find out.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lidiya, I am currently investigating a site called Write.com. They pay by the article, and use an Amazon account to pay, which should work for you (as should PayPal; I have received money from Australia via PayPay for example.)

I also opened a thread about another such pay per article site called Content Crossroads in hope someone here might have experience with them. I'm sharing this with you because both sites seem to be what you are asking about but please know that I do not have any experience with either of these outfits at all, I am simply looking into this for the first time. So I can't recommend, only share the info I have. :)

I visited the Postloop site you have in your signature, are you working for them? How is that going for you? I'm thinking of giving that a try.

ETA: I'm posting about applying to Write.com, and any others I decide to apply to, in that other thread, here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262471 (wonder if the two threads could be merged?)

Last edited:

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Lidiya, I am currently investigating a site called Write.com. They pay by the article, and use an Amazon account to pay, which should work for you (as should PayPal; I have received money from Australia via PayPay for example.)

I also opened a thread about another such pay per article site called Content Crossroads in hope someone here might have experience with them. I'm sharing this with you because both sites seem to be what you are asking about but please know that I do not have any experience with either of these outfits at all, I am simply looking into this for the first time. So I can't recommend, only share the info I have. :)

I visited the Postloop site you have in your signature, are you working for them? How is that going for you? I'm thinking of giving that a try.

ETA: I'm posting about applying to Write.com, and any others I decide to apply to, in that other thread, here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262471 (wonder if the two threads could be merged?)

Sorry for the late reply...I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

Anyway, thanks for the websites, I'll check them out immediately. EDIT: I looked at write.com, and it seems pretty cool. The website design is appealing (and so are the payment rates, heh). I'll submit my writing sample tomorrow, since it's 1am up here and I'm so tired I feel like I've just done a few rounds with a cement block.

And Postloop is going pretty great. I made around $30 in the first week, and they paid me very soon after I issued a withdrawal. So they're legit.

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am going to keep posting about my experience with Write.com over in that other thread I linked as I began there just describing this journey.

I will look further into Postloop too, that's an encouraging comment. I wondered about the efficiency of having to invoice them but apparently you're not finding that to be a problem.

I can definitely write forums posts. ;)

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am going to keep posting about my experience with Write.com over in that other thread I linked as I began there just describing this journey.

I will look further into Postloop too, that's an encouraging comment. I wondered about the efficiency of having to invoice them but apparently you're not finding that to be a problem.

I can definitely write forums posts. ;)

You have to go in their forums and post 10 quality posts to be accepted. Make sure you make the posts long (not too long), well thought out and with no mistakes. This will make sure you get a good rating there so you can earn more :p

But you don't really have to worry about it, some of the crappiest writers get picked.

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, Mturk sent me an email saying I can't work for them :/
I'm guessing this is because I live outside of the US?

Write.com accepted me but I can't do anything without Mturk, right?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lidiya, that's really odd. Write.com says they use MTurk specifically because they work with an international pool of writers. So being outside the US can't be the issue.

If I were you I would contact Write.com directly and ask about this. And it might be some bizarre computer artifact that has nothing to do with either you or your location. ( I like to blame things on bizarre computer artifacts. It's the modern version of "Acts of God.:) )

Status
Not open for further replies.