• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carolyn Swayze Literary Agency

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Well, it's a sad, sad day. I heard back from Kris today, and not only am I sad, I'm a little disheartened. She gave me several comments about the ms, a few of which are things I didn't know were a problem, and had she mentioned them earier I would have included them in the rewrite I did for her.

I think this agent will be great to work with, however, she needs a perfected script with no problems. She said my manuscript was a still a little "patchy"

Of course she also had some really good things to say, that she truly believes there will be a strong readership for my work, and a few others things.

Seems I just couldn't live up to the high standards she mentioned to me before but I'm okay with that.

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this because it's been a while and this agency is still going strong and is super reputable in Canada.

My experience: I queried and got a request for an exclusive from Kris Rothstein within a few days. It was totally unexpected, because this agency has rejected queries for two previous manuscripts over the last few years. It was a case of "Yeah, I'll try them again. I have no chance in hell because they're super awesome and probably out of my league anyway. But you never know, right?"

Well, turns out you do, in fact, never know: I got that request yesterday. :eek: I was however, unable to grant an exclusive, as my ms is already with other agents (probably not a bad thing, because, quite honestly, the idea of exclusives makes me antsy). So, I replied and told them my ms is already under consideration elsewhere, but if they still wanted to have a boo, I'd be happy to send it along on a nonexclusive basis, with the understanding that I'd give them reasonable notice before accepting another offer, should one be extended. Got a reply today saying to send along the ms when I'm able to grant the exclusive. :Shrug:

Oh well. Still nice to have earned their interest at last! :)