The Bouncy Castle in Space

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I noticed it was on Youtube, but I didn't click on it. The news is on right now talking about her shirt being too low-cut or whatever. A low cut shirt is like the LEAST objectionable thing about Katy Perry TBH.

True. And she's too skinny to look obscene, even in a low-cut shirt and a mini skirt. Frankly, kids are likely to see more cleavage at a PTA meeting...

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see the problem. It looked like and ice skating suit. People have too much time and too many objections to too many things. It's tiring.

So true!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Smish, if I had your day job, I'd quit it, too. But I'm lucky. I really do love what I do (although I could have done without the kid who stood on a table and screamed at me today...) and I know when I go home at the end of the day that I've made a difference. It's a calling, and no amount of writing fame and fortune could take its place.

I wish I had a calling. The only thing that calls to me is in the freezer and has too many calories.

As a parent, I don't have a problem with Katy Perry, but I am getting a little tired of how everything my teenage daughter listens to is so sexual. And more than a little disrespectful to women. And then I feel old.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had a calling. The only thing that calls to me is in the freezer and has too many calories.

As a parent, I don't have a problem with Katy Perry, but I am getting a little tired of how everything my teenage daughter listens to is so sexual. And more than a little disrespectful to women. And then I feel old.

It's okay... we're getting old together. :D When I was a teen, I was into Alanis and Fiona. Yayy, girl power!

I'm actually not a Katy Perry fan, at all. I didn't even know who she was until a couple of months ago when my brother's wife was teasing him about his Katy Perry crush.

However, I do think this Sesame Street business is ridiculous.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
It's okay... we're getting old together. :D When I was a teen, I was into Alanis and Fiona. Yayy, girl power!

I'm actually not a Katy Perry fan, at all. I didn't even know who she was until a couple of months ago when my brother's wife was teasing him about his Katy Perry crush.

However, I do think this Sesame Street business is ridiculous.

I know. It's not like she had a nipple-slip or anything.

I wouldn't think that kids even notice that stuff, but when my nephew was about four, he pointed at my boobs (I was breastfeeding at the time) and said, "I like those things." I'm still waiting for the right time to torture him with this.

(oops, I wasn't breastfeeding when he said that, I merely meant to say that they were bigger than normal. Because it was during a time when I was breastfeeding. They weren't visible.)

Last edited:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I know. It's not like she had a nipple-slip or anything.

I wouldn't think that kids even notice that stuff, but when my nephew was about four, he pointed at my boobs (I was breastfeeding at the time) and said, "I like those things." I'm still waiting for the right time to torture him with this.
Haven't been here for a while---have been tortuously (is that a word?-ha) busy. Anyway, I have seen the youtube controversy and it's really silly. You're talking about kids that are not aware unless their parents make them aware, then they notice.
And Sheila--been there 5x's (breastfeeding) and always covered--of course. My older ones would always ask "Where did the babies head go?" Always had a good laugh on that one!! :D

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
LOL... here's a conversation from when I was doing home daycare and nursing my youngest--
Little kid I'm babysitting: What's she doing?
Me: She's drinking milk.
Little kid: Huh?
Me: Babies drink milk from their mommies.
Little kid: Oh... because she's too little to hold the cup?
Me: Uh ... yes. That's right.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL::roll:That one beats mine!! Kids do say the most logical things!! It makes perfect sense to me!! :ROFL:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, cute kid story from today...

Reading The Cat Sat with a group of first-graders. Page one, cat is sitting on the laundry.
Me: Is that okay for the cat to sit there?
Kids: No!
Me: Why not?
Sweetest, most well-behaved girl in the entire class: Because it might pee on the clothes!

yes, well, moving right along, thanks for sharing...

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
It really makes me wish my girls were still little!! :) I used to have a notebook with the funny things they would say. With all the notebooks I have around the house now....I don't know if I could ever find it!! The search is on!! :D

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL... here's a conversation from when I was doing home daycare and nursing my youngest--
Little kid I'm babysitting: What's she doing?
Me: She's drinking milk.
Little kid: Huh?
Me: Babies drink milk from their mommies.
Little kid: Oh... because she's too little to hold the cup?
Me: Uh ... yes. That's right.

:roll:

Okay, cute kid story from today...

Reading The Cat Sat with a group of first-graders. Page one, cat is sitting on the laundry.
Me: Is that okay for the cat to sit there?
Kids: No!
Me: Why not?
Sweetest, most well-behaved girl in the entire class: Because it might pee on the clothes!

yes, well, moving right along, thanks for sharing...

Well now, wait, Judy. That sounds like a perfectly reasonable answer to me. What was the right answer? The cat will shed on the clothes? Or knead them with her paws and tear them to shreds? :rolleyes:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hate to change the subject here, but have to ask a quick question. :) Should I go to the Beta forum if I am looking for someone to beta my PB story (stories)? I have checked every thread there and have not been able to find anything to do with PB in that forum. All MG, YA, Romance, etc. Should I just start a thread and request for PB beta? Any suggestions or referrals? :Shrug:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can ask for a beta there. You could also put one story up in the share your work section and get feedback there.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Honeybug, when I needed a beta, I posted in the Bets Wanted section and then I put a link to it in my signature line. That way, anyone reading any of my threads would know I was looking for betas. And yeah, PBs are so short, no reason not to just post it in Share Your Work.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both for the assist! :) I will decide probably on Monday. Childrens SYW seems like the place to post as the beta forum has very little for PB's! Thank you again, it is much appreciated! :Hug2:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Just letting all know I have taken your advice and posted in Children's SYW. Thank you again for the input!! :)

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My friend's baby had his first birthday today. I just have to show off one of the cakes I made. This is my first attempt at cake decorating. It's a vegan cake with "cream cheese" frosting. The other cake was chocolate with Boba Fett on it :D

60943_10100184779991236_2534085_57243085_222409_n.jpg

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very cute, Kitty!!

But I'll confess I'm a little afraid of "cream cheese" icing. What's it actually made of?

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Margarine, sugar, lemon juice, and Tofutti Vegan "Better Than Cream Cheese", a product which is in fact much worse than cream cheese. The stuff is gross but it makes a darn good frosting. It's made of tofu and such. I also added a bit of vegan egg replacer and corn starch to help make it less gooey.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Margarine, sugar, lemon juice, and Tofutti Vegan "Better Than Cream Cheese", a product which is in fact much worse than cream cheese. The stuff is gross but it makes a darn good frosting. It's made of tofu and such. I also added a bit of vegan egg replacer and corn starch to help make it less gooey.

The things healthy people do...

I'll stick with regular (and delicious!) cream cheese frosting. :D

(And my excuse for passing on a piece would be, "That cake's just too cute to eat." :rolleyes:)

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com

*shivers* Nothing good has ever come from margarine...or tofu... sorry vegans- I loves me the dairy products!

And I am a super healthy eater! Sugar free for 3 years- no wheat-no corn-no processed foods (thank you food allergies) but there are limits!

But cute frosting critter is cute :) Is it a monkey?

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Very cute cake! But, I'm a butter, cheese and whipped cream fanatic, myself. I also run, I just hope I run fast enough to outrun my clogged arteries.