For all you St. Louisans out there...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was a great game. Really disappointed with the end, but that was a great game.

And yes, the infared stuff is going to give me nightmares. Brr.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Last night's game was insane! I'm gonna conclude that both teams play a more exciting game of baseball in warmer weather. Game 2 was pretty uneventful until the 9th, and it was pretty chilly here in STL. They get to Texas and both teams are hitting them out of the park. Really fun to watch.

And, I have to say, way to go Pujols! Not only did he play some incredible ball last night, he showed the world what a gracious guy he is in all the post game interviews. I just love that guy.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is such a fun series. I am loving the level of play and the sportsmanship. Just proves you don't have to act like an ass to be a success.

ETA: Let's go, Rangers! *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooooooh my goodness gracious. Did any of you watch this game??? That could be the most intense game of baseball I've ever seen, for both teams! Game 7, here we come!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woot!

I kept saying I was going to turn it off but I couldn't.

I think I was clinching so hard I hurt my teeth.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Woot!

I kept saying I was going to turn it off but I couldn't.

I think I was clinching so hard I hurt my teeth.

OMG, I know! Berkman and Freese were on fire tonight! That was the greatest, yet most frustrating game I've ever seen.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
My aunt mentioned that she's a Berkman fan, from his time in Houston...then tried to take it back. Oops. :)

I almost couldn't turn off the celebration afterwards. Crazy awesome game. Go teams!

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
The excitement in STL is palpable. A friend of mine posted on FB that even with four hours of sleep, she and her FedEx guy were high-fiving each other this morning. Everyone's happy, talking about the game, comparing their reactions. We have a great baseball city, and everyone just wants to be a part of it, no matter who wins. My siblings, a TON of friends, and even my husband are headed downtown just to be around the stadium. No one can afford tickets, but it doesn't even matter. Wish I could go, but I'll enjoy screaming at the t.v. in my own living room. Everybody enjoy game 7!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, after thousands of games this season, it's all comes down to one game.

What a depressing thought . . . no more baseball and then changing back to standard time (where it gets dark at five o'clock).

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Well, after thousands of games this season, it's all comes down to one game.

What a depressing thought . . . no more baseball and then changing back to standard time (where it gets dark at five o'clock).

Maaaaaaaannnnn, you better get that bad joojoo out of your system before the game starts. You don't want to rub off on the boys!

Look at it this way, you get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday. It's the best day of the year!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Card's fans. Your team's had one hell of a run. Texas? I know you've got to go lick your wounds, but your team is pretty special. Bring it next year.

I'm a die hard Tigers fan, but the two best teams wound up in the World Series, as they should.

Now if only we can get a good second and third baseman....

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I"m exhausted and sad. It's been an awesome run, but still no title for the Rangers. :( This was the best chance we ever had.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Well congrats to the Cardinals and their fans! A series well played by the Rangers, alas.