Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

All this talk of poisonous spiders is, I'm sure, going to give people nightmares...

Please continue. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Eight-Legged Freaks has some shockingly bad CGI in it - the critical effects failure is the tanker explosion, but there are a few other scenes which nudge uncomfortably close to the Lost In Space Smith-Spider monster face.

And for really bad spider-movies (in a special category all to itself) there is Spider-Man 3.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I have a love-hate relationship with Arachnophobia. First off, I have that phobia. Second off, I wrote a story back in 1982-83-84 sometime called "Spiders" and had it rejected by Twilight Zone Magazine (TED Klein was the editor at the time) that was a diary-entry story about mutant spiders from South America that swarmed and took over the world, herding humans into "slaughter camps" and riding them to control them and use them to incubate hatchlings.

When I watch Arachnophobia I find several disturbingly similar themes in the movie to my story.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I like Spiderman! 3 looks so much better than the new one.

Emo-Spidey? The dance sequence? The horrible, horrible Saturday Night Fever moment? THE SANDMAN??? After the heights of the second film (that Evil Dead call-back especially) it simply wasn't up to scratch, and effectively ended the series for a lot of fans. The sad thing about the film is that it had a few good ideas, but not enough of a cohesive idea.

Another good spider movie is arachnophobia (?)

Arachnophobia has one of the best scenes in modern film (or at least the post-Jaws era) when the shed is opened, and all of the cobwebs come into view.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
If you EVER complain about killing a spider for me or try to taunt me/scare me with one.

I will destroy you.

Believe me, I know better than to use the "look here, I have something for you" trick - Zoe punched me in the nuts and bolted when I showed her a big bumblebee in a clear plastic cup.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
**Places stew pot on an empty table**

Here you go. Greg left this pot of something or someone or other in the Bent Nail. I thought I'd return it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Regdog! *offers cookies* Don't worry, I swear the dark bits are chocolate...

... at least that's the company line...

Um... Yeah. Sure. Chocolate. :D

There's no need to fear, the big bucket of wolpertinger droppings are for something else entirely...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I might not be the brightest bulb, but I'm bright enough not eat ANYTHING offered to me by a horror hound. I've known Haggis since I joined AW.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There's probably still some newbie jerky in the larder if you are snackish. :D

And yes, we are calling it a larder - it is only a morgue if the bodies go in the ground.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
We were experimenting with some biological cures, but they may have gotten loose. Consequently, if you notice a blob of nothing really trying to devour you, it's likely confused and thinks you're a pest of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.