Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Tally loves sushi.

Tally loves it a lot.

ETA: Up to my knees now, in MTL, is average. It's when there's a raging snowstorm and they have to close the roads that school is cancelled.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have figured out what I'm doing with the plotting, but I'm going to see about the wall. I'm going to use my chair to put my BEAUTIFUL HARRY POTTER poster on my slanted ceiling/wall, but I don't fancy using it for index cards.

I hope I have enough.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Tally loves sushi.

Tally loves it a lot.

ETA: Up to my knees now, in MTL, is average. It's when there's a raging snowstorm and they have to close the roads that school is cancelled.

Yeah, see... There was this day a couple of weeks ago where the snow was ridiculous. It had been snowing all night, and getting worse as it went on, and continued to snow all day, and I saw at least two accidents (that I could tell *were* accidents) between my house and campus. Which is a block and a half. Snow days doesn't exist in the vocabulary of the educators/superintendents/etc. here.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in high school, we got a snow day only when everyone else canceled first. I used to think there needed to be a law that said if the superintendent didn't cancel school, they had to go around and pick up everyone that got in an accident.

Now I'm in college and we get a snow day when the whole city shuts down. We had one awhile back but that was because it rained half the night and then snowed six inches.

Alinzar

Homework? Hahahaha, right...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there!

I'm Eva... I guess I fall into the TWFT category...

See you guys 'round!

E

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Heya Eva! Welcome!

Just so you know, Lisa asked you the two standard new twiftie questions.

ETA: Along with what we should call you, but you already said that :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how it's 'calculated' when Lent starts? I'm making a list of important dates to keep in mind for TMB, which I'm hoping to start outlining this weekend or next week, and I need to know about Lent to figure out when Mother's Day and Easter will fall.

ETA: I'm using 2011 as a model...

Last edited:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how it's 'calculated' when Lent starts? I'm making a list of important dates to keep in mind for TMB, which I'm hoping to start outlining this weekend or next week, and I need to know about Lent to figure out when Mother's Day and Easter will fall.

ETA: I'm using 2011 as a model...

Lent starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter. Always.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always confused about that, so that's why I'm using last year as a model (the year TMB is set in is not specified, however.)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, see... There was this day a couple of weeks ago where the snow was ridiculous. It had been snowing all night, and getting worse as it went on, and continued to snow all day, and I saw at least two accidents (that I could tell *were* accidents) between my house and campus. Which is a block and a half. Snow days doesn't exist in the vocabulary of the educators/superintendents/etc. here.

The reason school in Montreal gets cancelled is because the city either forces schools to close or because over 60% of students live off-island or on the West Island and have to drive over an hour to get to school and will take that day off absolutely, so we locals all go to school and just watch movies 'cause we're 5 kids and at lunch get our parents to take us home.

What REALLY gets all the snow days is power outage. -40 degrees and no heat? Yeah, you're staying home.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Ooohhh yeah. An idea with cancer. Now I get to research things that I enjoy to research.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've just got to do Daniel's deathday day. last.fm is great for dates. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when my brother came home from Dad's and was all like "HAI, I SHAVED FOR THE FIRST TIME!"

I was just like... MY BABY BROTHER IS GROWING UP! DA FUCK!?

ETA: I'm going to bed now.

Also, I think I may need to pick up some more highlighters.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I need highlighters, too. I had a nice few in my pencil case at school... But people decided to take my case and kick it around in the hallway. -.-

Apparently today marks the one-year anniversary to Rebecca Black's "Friday".... But that isn't important. I just had to tell someone XD

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm over halfway through series 5 of DW... I guess that's good for two and a half days...

I can't stop watching it. It must be the accents. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.