Revise & Resubmit? Not sure...

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to this whole R&R thing. I've been querying since September with all rejections :cry: but last week received feedback from an agent. (The timeline of our interactions is kinda weird, too - I queried the agent with query+1st 2 chapters, agent eagerly requests full ms and "can't wait to read", I hear nothing for months so I nudged in Feb., agent replied back saying she had been swamped sorry, and then the next day sent me a long e-mail).

The e-mail gave me 2 pages of feedback/revision suggestions, all of which I agree with. It also ended with "1 or 2 more edits and the book should be great. I'd love to speak with you further."

Is this an R&R?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain/I'm new at this... Thanks for your help, guys!
:e2shrug::e2shrug:

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Revise and resubmit for her consideration. It's not an offer until she says she wants to represent you and send the contract...

At that time, she may even request more edits...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Did you write her back? "Love to speak with you further" sounds to me a little different from a typical R & R (though I imagine that's what she's going for).

Personally, and this is just my own opinion and you don't have to do what I'd do, is write back thanking her for her input and let her know that you agree with the edits and are willing to work on them.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The e-mail gave me 2 pages of feedback/revision suggestions, all of which I agree with. It also ended with "1 or 2 more edits and the book should be great. I'd love to speak with you further."

Is this an R&R?

From what you've posted here, I agree that it's not clear. "I'd love to speak with you further" could mean that she'd love to speak more about the edits, or speak more after the edits.

I know it's awkward, but I'd probably try to get clarification on that point. Either way, it sounds like an R&R, but until that's crystal clear, it's hard to say for sure.

Regardless, it sounds like a good thing!

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, thothguard51, kaitie and Giant Baby.

I wrote back, saying I was eager to dig into the revisions and I'd love to speak with the agent further/lets try to set up a time to talk. Hopefully if/when we talk, things will be more clear...

The agent also said they were interested in getting to know me and my writing background, which is why I'm not 100% sure its *just* an R&R...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds promising, that's for sure. Good luck and hoping the best for you. :D