• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Urban Fantasy - Need Beta Reader / Partner (willing to swap in return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropicsinkhole

Registered
Reaction score
So, I have a completed Urban Fantasy novel (good draft) involving the return of mythological gods to the human world.

In return, I am happy to offer my services as a beta-reader to the person who helps me out (if they want). I will read any kind of YA/Adult fiction (except sports-themed). I would use MS Word's comments/review abilities, so I need it to be in Word doc or docx format.

I'm hoping a beta-reader can help me with the following:

1) Are the characters believable/sympathetic?
2) Does writing style flow enough? Or is it too choppy
3) Does it start off quickly enough? Any boring parts?
4) Anything else that bothers the reader
5) Any inconsistencies or grammatical issues that might pop out. I'm fairly confident that my grammar is good, so you won't need to focus on this, but obviously there are things that I might have missed or did wrong.

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
Your story sounds interesting -- I'd offer to help you, but I'm preparing (critting stories) for a workshop in 3 weeks. If you still need help after July 30, just PM me. I don't have a completed mss to exchange, but I like reading for other people.

Pinkclaw

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to help, your story sound interesting. I don't have any draft complete now but I don't mind to help.

entropicsinkhole

Registered
Reaction score
Karen Junker said:
If you still need help after July 30, just PM me

Thanks! I will definitely do so, if things fall through elsewhere

I would like to help, your story sound interesting. I don't have any draft complete now but I don't mind to help.

Great! I'll PM you so we can exchange email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.