Status
Not open for further replies.

soullesshuman

Through a Child's Eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eventideenvisions.blogspot.com
How do I thank people for reputation? I doubt we can go on a reputation back-forth party. Is it most appropriate to private message someone with a thank you or another response to the reputation received? Honestly, I feel ungrateful for not responding to reputation comments in some shape or form.

Apologies for the silly question...

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a silly question. I wondered about it too, when I was new. A PM is nice, if you have a longer message to share, but most of the time I just pop a rep point back. By clicking on the name of the person who gave you reps you will call up their profile. You can see recent posts they have made, and can almost always find something you agree with to give them a rep back.

MM

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If people give rep points, they generally would like them in return, depending on the length of your message, of course.

But, honestly, as the giver of many reppie points, just know that I might have made someone's day a little nicer by leaving a good comment is thanks enough. I'm a firm believer in the "pay forward" system of thanks.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What are rep points? I guess someone should give me a bunch so that I can figure it out. <3

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
*doesn't rep Bart*

Depending on what reps you've received, sometimes a thank you isn't necessary at all. I'm sure those who have repped you would like some reppies as well, but don't feel obligated to thank someone just because you've received a rep from them. :)

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
yay for soulless, asking a question i wondered about many times the past few weeks. I went for pming those that repped me but I'm glad to have more experienced answers to go with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.