Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Read it and replied.

Guys, I just got my English exam back. I got 100%. :D

I didn't even know you could get that in English.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, wondering what kind of martial arts I can give to swordsmen in a fantasy world where there's no real basis for the more extreme things like throws and locks. Thinking I'd just restrict to basic things they'd do if they lost their weapon. Palm strikes to the forehead, punch to the temple, stomp on the arch of the foot, etc.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I make loads of random shit up for that kind of situations.

Also, TRL is set in a japanese video game world where people can throw crazy flips and balance on swords and the next minute they're dying gorily and swimming in blood.

...except it's not a video game it's a fantasy continent.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Overslept. Exhausted. Bloated. Lazy.

Still gonna attempt to finish these darned first two chapters...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
You can do it!

I'm going to do my epic writing session some time this weekend. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hey everyone. I'm back from class and talking to my roommates. Anything new happen while i was gone?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so tired, but i want to write and i know i have to study... what to do!!!??? heheh well i know what i should do.... but whatever.

So, I was down earlier about my writing... not the writing itself, just more the fact i've not gone anywhere but in a circle with trying to get my first book off the ground. I get into this "I JUST WANT TO BE PUBLISHED AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO ACCOMPLISH THAT RIGHT NOW!" phase about once every few months then realize how near impossible it is at the current moment get depressed and down for a bit then forget all about it.

Anyway... just to see what people thought of my writing i went back to my post on SYW from more then a year ago... and really read over the comments from a new frame of mind. I thought everyone really hated it but in reality, the comment were that it wasnt all that bad, aside from my grammar and spelling that is. Point of this... are you aloud to post in SYW with the same chapter just slightly tweaked twice?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You can do that, but I'm not sure what you'd learn from it. The chapter has already been critiqued. Reposting it slightly tweaked is going to get the same critiques slightly tweaked.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Big tweaks mean big new comments! I think it'd be worth just taking the chapter out of the word file, doing major rejiggering and be all experimental and shizzwhizz, then put that up. See what happens, but keep the old.

Jussssst in case.

Meanwhile, I've sent Para a super secret ultra encoded mega-important laser delivered reputation signal of ABSOLUTE MAGNITUDE.

...wait, everyone else here might want to know about this: http://strangechemistrybooks.com/opendoor/

A YA submission thing for YA with a fantastical or science ficitonal bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.