Rejectomancy

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
2-day form from Clarkesworld.

I am so grateful for their transparent process and ravenous appetite for slush. I just wish they liked my stuff!

Peace
Ty

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Got a 14 day R from F&SF. IDK if it was personal or not. From the assistant ed saying it "didn't hold my interest." I didn't figure it would. I've really fallen out of love with the TOC of F&SF lately.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got a 14 day R from F&SF. IDK if it was personal or not. From the assistant ed saying it "didn't hold my interest." I didn't figure it would. I've really fallen out of love with the TOC of F&SF lately.

They have three tiers of rejections.

Didn't grab my interest is the lowest one -- means they gave up after a page or two.

Didn't hold my interest is the middle. They gave up later in the story.

I don;t remember the exact wording of the third one (Didn't win me over, or something along those lines) -- that one means they read all the way through.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Back in October, I got a "didn't quite work for me, I'm afraid" form that was short and sweet. Wonder if they have more variations of their tiers now, because I wouldn't think this one was all that high.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Bethany, I think you've got that opposite: "Didn't quite work for me" means they read all the way to the end, but chose not to pass it up to GVG.

Peace
Ty

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
50 day form from DSF for a story that's been in the second round for 2 weeks... ugh.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
42 day personal from Terraform with some lovely remarks. Really hoped for that one, so it was great to get that kind of rejection but then after feeling fuzzy, ....oh, right, it's still a rejection. :p

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Over the past week, I've gotten rejections from IGMS, Urban Fantasy Magazine, and, today, Temporally Out of Order. Ah well.

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
Personal R from Terraform, for a story sent in Dec. 8. I don't normally write much sci-fi, but their rejection was so extremely polite I'll definitely keep them in mind.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
21 day personal R from Acidic Fiction. Didn't adhere to the guidelines. I must not have read them properly. But also said it was well written and that the format was intriguing so not all bad.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
5 day R from Finlay. Said he liked the beginning, but it slowed down in the middle. He also said he looked forward to seeing more work if he does any future issues.

William Green

Registered
Reaction score
Received my first rejection of 2015; a story I submitted to Wag's Review at the beginning of September.

Though a form rejection, it was one of the encouraging ones.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
3-hour rejection from N1ghtmar3. Guess they really didn't like it.

Last edited:

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
1 day from Clark3sw0rld, 2 day from Ap3x. Both sent out again.

William Green

Registered
Reaction score
3-hour rejection from N1ghtmar3. Guess they really didn't like it.

Whenever I get such a fast response, I like to think the reader spotted my name in the slush pile and said, "Oh look! William Green! Better read this toot-suite before someone else snaps it up!"

Gilead

Registered
Reaction score
R from Diabolical for the story I submitted at the very end of last year -- but it was a personal rejection, they still liked the story, and they let me know about another suitable market I might like to try that I'd completely overlooked. Feeling pretty positive about that, actually.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
8 days from sockdolager. This one has had some positive rejections but I think I have nowhere left to send it unfortunately.

William Green

Registered
Reaction score
31 day rejection from Urban Fantasy. I really like how they send you the slush reader's comments. One cited a line and said it made her "laugh out loud" (which is good as the line was intended to be funny).