Moonlight "Vampire Cop Drama" on CW

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
A vampire cop romance that I think I'm falling in love with....until True Blood starts up.

Has anyone else checked this out? What do you think? I like it since it's quirky and different that what's out now.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so that's what it was.

I saw it on the Sci-Fi channel, watched for like 5 minutes then turned the channel.

Is it any good?

Mel...

Diane Amy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Moonlight is a canceled show from approx 3 or so years ago that they appear to be trying to get some more steam out of. So don't get too attached as there was only one season of it. Didn't it follow Vampire Diaries? I think they're trying to get that market share to continue watching for their targeted advertising.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Moonlight ran during the writer's strike a couple of years ago, and that affected the script quality and continuity. The best part of it, IMO were the scenes between the main character and his best friend. It's a fun show, and probably fits the CW's line-up

Most likely CBS is using it to gain a fanbase for the actor who played the main character, as he's the new lead in the Hawaii 5-0 remake.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
*groans* NO! Say it ain't so! :(

Yep. Daniel Dae Kim, who was on Lost, is in it, too. (as Chin Ho Kelly). The pilot previews make it look very action oriented. More like a mini-movie than a TV-show, which makes me wonder how much of the show is flash over characterization.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Most likely CBS is using it to gain a fanbase for the actor who played the main character, as he's the new lead in the Hawaii 5-0 remake.

This is exactly why they're re-running it.
It was an enjoyable hour of the week when it was on, and I would have liked for it to continue, mainly because at the time there wasn't much on TV vampire-wise. Now I still think it was a decent show, but I'm able to get my fix with True Blood. I didn't watch Vampire Diaries, but I've started recording the reruns of season 1 so I'll at least give it a few episodes.

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
I love that show for one reason: Jason Dohring (Josef). He played Logan Echolls in Veronica Mars, and I'll watch anything he does.

Otherwise, it was an okay show. I think it had bad timing otherwise it might've lasted a bit longer.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I loved Moonlight when it was on but don't want to watch it on TV when I can watch the DVDs. I'd say give it a go. Alex is entertaining. Now if only Hawaii Five-O doesn't get axed after just one season (or 8 episodes like Three Rivers).

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, I caught the first episode last week.
It reminds me so much of Beauty and the Beast and, lo and behold, I discovered the same people are behind it.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'll tune in and see how long it last. It'll be a great dessert behind the shock value of True Blood.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Moonlight was on CBS here when it first came out---watched it. MC is a PI and not a cop though. I've got it on DVD! I love Alex O'Loughlin so I enjoyed the show--too bad it only ran 2 seasons...
True Blood starts soon and so does Being Human! :)

Last edited: