Dear Author Reviewed My Book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
Way to go and fantastic news :partyguy: Can I be nosy and ask how long it took before the review came back, I'm waiting on bated breath for one :)

I think it was about a month after I submitted. It's a site I read on a regular basis, so I just happened to click on it and see my review. They didn't contact me and I think that's their standard practice. I know they get a ton of review requests. Good luck!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words.

PatriciaEimer

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats I love reading DA and I know I've bought a lot of books after seeing a good review posted there. May it grant you many, many sales.

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
Excellent and wonderful. This is so great. It'll sell many books, I hope.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS Jules! And whether a review sells more books for you or not, a lovely review on an influential site is always nice to have. I wrote a controversial book and was warned that it would 'polarise' opinion, but at that stage I didn't really understand what that meant, or the different ways my heroine's actions could be interpreted. However, I would not change a single word or scene in my book (unless I found a typo!). Everybody is entitled to their opinion. DA has its take, and so do thousands of other people who've read my book. Fine by me.

I think everything you went through may just be a phenomena exclusive to New Adult romance. It's very trendy, and there seems to be a big crowd that love to hate it.

Rina Evans

Registered
Reaction score
I think everything you went through may just be a phenomena exclusive to New Adult romance. It's very trendy, and there seems to be a big crowd that love to hate it.

I'd personally love to love New Adult. I'm all for it and I personally wanted the classification for a long time even before it became a thing. But it's just that most books end up being... uh. Not to my taste and easy to hate.

Last edited:

slicing_angel2003

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Jules! A great review with Dear Author and your contract are awesome.

I'd like to love New Adult too, but I can't get into it. It feels like I'm just waiting on the one that really reels me in and it just hasn't happened yet. I really think its targeted at another audience that I don't fit into.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=108561

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
And they liked the second one, too! The reviewer had a few nitpicks that I actually agree with, though. Plotting is not my strong suit. I also have trouble drumming up conflict. My first drafts tend to be characters standing around bantering with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.