the debate

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
What maestro said, and Gore wiped the floor with Bush then. Who cared? Gore looked like a prissy tool. People didn't like his debate demeanor because he rolled his eyes and acted superior, and so we got basically what we deserved.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Same with Nixon and JFK. People listening on the radio thought Nixon had won. But it was exactly the debate that turned the election to Kennedy. The power of TV.

And now with YouTube and instant replay and viral distributions... presentation is everything.

And Sarah Palin is hot.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Don't I know it.

My proposed evening out for margaritas and tacos? No. Mr Rima ignored my pleas to Tivo the debate and insists that we watch it in real time.

Frivolity: FAIL.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I don't expect either guy to make any horrific blunders. These are two very smart candidates. But remember, these TV debates, since their initiation in 1960, have been more about appearance and style and "Presidential manner" than they have been about substantive argument. What Obama needs to do is avoid looking like Al Gore in 2000, and what McCain needs to do is avoid looking like Richard Nixon in 1960.

caw